Stolen Bedsides...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well I returned home from the desert yesterday and the bedsides were gone off my truck. I think I know who did it but I am not 100% sure.

They are the Ivan Dan kit with the box 5" flare, they are the OLDER BODY style Toyota sides. They had a BRP off road sticker on the back corner that was removed but you can still see where it was.

They are White (at least when stolen).

They can be identified easily. The passenger side was ripped in half before and on the inside you can see where it was put back together, it was patched in several different spots that are noticable by looking at the inside of the side.

If anyone had any information about them please email me at: fishdood@home.com

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Dude, that is very lame ! I will keep my eyes open for them Fish..

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
that sucks! I hadn't thought about somebody stealing those b4. But now that I think about it, they are easy to steal w/out having a bed. I look for em.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Tyson

Reaction
definately sux Fishy, but you said you have a pretty good idea who took them, hopefully that guy is dumb enough to put them on his truck or something so then you or the cops can bust him. I'm in OC but I know what your glass looked like (crack and all) so I'll keep an eye out as well.

Laters

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

dave

Reaction
That does suck !!! I'll keep my eyes open here in san marcos for you fish.

1992f150

Reaction
Whats a good way to keep them from being stolen so easily? Maybe get one of those little luggage padlocks and drill a hole thru the dzues bolt? Another thing thats easy to steal is rear shocks off someone with a bedcage. Cresent wrench and a socket and you potentially got yourself some bypasses.

"Freeze! Drop the gun! Drop that mig gun!" -The welding police.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
My bedsides were on with 1/2 bolts actually so thats why I think I know who it was because they came prepared with a socket and wrench!

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Instead of using dzus for easy access perhaps use bolts. Camburg is selling anodized aluminum fasteners that require an allenhead socket to install and remove. Herbst uses them on their stuff even. That makes those glass-panels a bit more secure as it takes longer to remove.

Good Alarm.
Good Insurance.
Mark your parts for easy ID.
Get the word out on any loss so people will be on the lockout. We are a small community that does not stand for any rip offs. So if you know of anyone pulling any stunts come forward cause it hurts this industry.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
anyone know how much engravers cost and where to get them?

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Vibropeen engravers are between $15 and $20. you can get them at Sears or Ace Hardware or Home Depot.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Good idea on the shock engraving. People who are going to steal crap are going to do it regardlesss. iF they would have had the wrong tools they would have ripped the crap right off and runined them and would not have cared. People are careless who steal, as well as being idiots.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
It would be nice if shocks would have a sequential number. aka serial number.

martininsocal

Reaction
years ago lots of shocks were ripped off of prerunners not parked in garages at night. i even had a set of foxes stollen off the back of a baja bug while parked in my driveway one night. sucks. but i will say this, who ever stole your bedsides knows you somehow and knows the truck. people don't just drive around looking for prerun stuff to hop up and steal, they plan the theft. this kook is local and will most likely be caught because you have described the 'sides so well and they have distinguishable characteristics. don't turn them into the cops, drag them out to ocatillo and burry them to their necks straight down in the dirt. then see if the pumkin clears! theives have no place in society and jail just gives them new ways to steal!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well I gave the person a deadline of last night to return them and nothing is back so its no more MR nice guy now!

Also this guy is really stupid and he wants them for his yota which he planned on jumping at the contest this weekend, I HOPE he shows up with them on his truck, that will get real interesting :)

Go Big Or Go Home

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Am I missing something?
You know who the person is, and what he plans to do with YOUR bedsides that he stole, and you have'nt taken this to the police?
How could you give somebody whom which has stolen something that belongs to you, and just give him a deadline to returm them. I hope your deadline was delivered via the Mafia and this F@#KH@!D mysteriously dissappears. I can't stand thieves

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well like I said before i am 99% sure, everything seems to fit. I have filed a police report already and they have talked to the person and its clear he has them. I was just trying to get them back so I gave a deadline but it didnt work so plan B, which isnt pretty.

Go Big Or Go Home

martininsocal

Reaction
fish- if you are sure he has them, drop his name so we can blackball his ass in this sport and community. if we start taking care of each other, these pinhead dirt bags will think twice of messing with our stuff. give me your address and i will send you a dime, oops, i mean 20 cents so you can make the phone call! someone get in the bus and start that way, cause this guy needs to be tossed in the street!

If your gonna go, go BIG

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well he will be at the jump contest this weekend, are you going? I'll be sure to point him out to everyone and we need to keep an eye on him because there will be trucks parked out there with glass and stuff!

Go Big Or Go Home

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Let me know..my bumper needs to give something a good shove...almost happened to some bastard at school yesterday who parked all cockeyed on me.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

Status
Not open for further replies.