• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stolen F-250 In Phoenix

weldithot79

I had my F-250 stolen form the cosco parking lot off of 99th ave and mc dowell this afternoon. It is a crew cab fx4, tan, texas plates with a RDC sticker on the back glass on the drivers side. If anyone sees it Please Call the cops or nerf them on an over pass or somewhere else it will ***** them up. Thanks:mad:

weldithot79

My truck was found outside of casa grande full of Illegals and drugs. I havent seen it yet but the cop and the guy at the impound yard said it was pretty messed up in the front end and the interior was torn up and door panels ripped out for more room. I guess I would have been better off if it had made it back to mexico and stayed there. Who wants a truck that has been thrashed by someone else when it was in excellent shape before. Any how lesson learned, next new truck will have lo-jack and a hidde and keyed fuel cut off.

kats

Weldithot70 believe me is beeter to find your truck in this shape than not finding your truck at all, we still haven't heard anthing in our f-250 and still making payments.

M_Solms

Someone on this site posted about this and I got one for my van and feel alot better when I leave it.

http://www.ravelco.com/

I know people say they can beat it but they claim never a theft and no one has disputed it that I can find.

They installed it in my driveway in a couple hours, I figure cheap insurance for my investment.

M_Solms

mark what was the final bill on the ravelco
$430.00
That is their top price I think because mines a van, smaller trucks might be a little less.

They come to you and install it.

weldithot79

Thanks for the info on the Ravelco, it looks like Ill end up putting that on my next super duty. I finally saw the truck today, the only panels not being replaced are the doors. Its pretty messed up as far as body damage goes but suprisingly the undercarriage was spared the abuse except for the fx4 transfercase skid plate. The bill is at 10k right now and its going to take 30-45 days to complete repairs. All superduty owners need to get some type of anti theft device, after seeing how easy it was to pop the lock and bypass the key, The guys at the body shop say about 1 minute max to get in and started. When it gets done its getting swapped for an 08 with ravelco!

Wingman357

My 03 F-250 was stolen out of my driveway in North Phoenix. It was recovered a week later in the same condition as yours.....(Heartbreaking!!!!!) I took it to Sunset Ford to be repaired. They took three months to do the repairs. I was supposed to pick it up on Thursday, but on my way to the dealership I got a call from the Peoria police department. They wanted to talk about the incident concerning my stolen truck. I was like " My truck was stolen three months ago and I am on my way to pick it up rite now" The officer says " No....your truck was stolen last night from Sunset Ford!!!!" Are you Freakn' KIDDING ME!!! I said. When I got to the dealership they showed me the security video of my truck plowing through a 6' tall chainlink fence into the Acura dealership, where it was then backed through a 8' tall steel gate in turn breaking the lock and my truck was never seen again. The dealership didn't do anything for me except say "Sorry". I had to go through my insurance AGAIN and pay another deductible for another claim. Fortunately it was not recovered this time and the insurance had to pay up. This whole thing took about 4 months, and the worst part was I had no rig to haul the racecar. I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through this!!!! If you have any questions.....let me know.

SKISPEED

wtf!!! That sucks and is total bs. I dont understand why the dealer is not responsible for your truck while they have it??

I live at 15 ave and butler area and some guy tried to steal my neighbors truck couple nights ago. The alarm went off and he ran out front to see his truck rolled into the street. When he yelled at the guy to get away from his truck the thief fired off a couple rounds from 9mm. Then it took the PHx PD 20 minutes to respond. What the heck is going on in this town. I just bought an 07 Duramax gonna have to put a padlock on it till I get my fricken garage done I guess.

esbyota

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. Bret that races the green ranger in whiplash had his stolen twice within a month. was found both times trashed to hell. I think both where out infront of his house too!

Brad

Wingman357

The dealership and their insurance claimed that since the Truck was in a locked "Secured" area, that they were not liable. The whole thing was a mess!!!!

Everytime I see a Super-Duty on the road I check for 3 things:
1. The plates. Thieves like to put Dealer or Mexican plates on stolen vehicles because they can not be traced by the Police. Mine was recovered with Dealer plates.
2. The door lock cylenders. They put a screwdriver in them and punch'em in with a hammer, which usually disarms the factory alarm and they're IN.
3. The daytime lights. The illegals will break out all the flood and daytime lights so they can drive through the desert in the dark.

I've reported a few trucks like this......and I hope others would do the same. We all gotta watch eachothers back.

Here's a few shots of mine after I got it back the first time.

Attachments

RuffStock

For those that had their trucks stolen already, I know this is not going to help much however, in the future I suggest you try it out. Having some experience in Law Enforcement I can tell you that The Club works. Plain and simple. The vehicles that are being stolen in the Phoenix and outlying areas were not well protected (alarms w/ kill switches, Clubs, Brake Locks, Ravelco, etc...)

I too own a 02 SuperDuty PSD and after seeing stats, gaining experience and speaking with Officers I put Clubs on my PSD and my Bronco. These car thieves are opportunist, if they target your vehicle and it is not secured in any way (they will check) its gone. If they target your vehicle and they see some sort of securing device (visible from the outside or interior) then you most likely be looking at worst either vandalism or theft of property of item that were left in the vehicle (wallets, purses, car stereo, etc..). Your vehicle will be where you left it and the thief will move on to another vehicle.

The strip shopping center at 99th Ave and McDowell Rd on the Phoenix/Avondale border is one of the worst areas for vehicle theft. My advise is to steer clear of that place and shop else where if at all possible and just FYI weekend nights at the Harkins theater there in that same plaza is also a very bad spot(high probability that your vehicle will be stolen or broken into).

Again sorry for your losses. I wish there was more that could be done.....

Nash!

I know this thread is a few years old but interesting reading on the Ravelco website. They now have a page dedicated to the theft of Ford F250's.

FORD SUPER DUTY THEFTS

Don't be surprised that we have a dedicated web page just for the Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350 and F-450 Trucks. This is only because in the Houston area the F-250/F350/F-450 Super Duty Truck is without a doubt the most popular vehicle that we install our Ravelco Anti Theft Device on. Sadly, the customer usually finds out about the Ravelco and its reputation after their vehicle has already been stolen.

In the Houston area alone, our mechanics install more than 25 Ravelco Anti Theft Devices per day just on the Ford Super Duty Pick Ups!

The following article was published in the Houston Chronicle on Sunday, January 20, 2008.

http://www.ravelco.com/superduty.html

I was reading in the Shortcourse Forum that Rob Naughton had a truck and trailer stolen recently. The truck was a Ford...

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/86965-Trophy-Karts-Stolen-In-Phoenix-AZ-Please-keep-an-eye-out.

YZFster

Someone on this site posted about this and I got one for my van and feel alot better when I leave it.

http://www.ravelco.com/

I know people say they can beat it but they claim never a theft and no one has disputed it that I can find.

They installed it in my driveway in a couple hours, I figure cheap insurance for my investment.

I have this on my work truck and its awesome..well worth it

560bajamike

Im glad things worked out for the most part for everyone. Seems that Ford trucks in general get stolen there (AZ) I know of many other people that lost there trucks.

Mike