• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stolen items during Baja 500 contingency

MarkMcA

One of our chase trucks got broken into during contingency and got a few things stolen.

Motec M880 ECU
Fluke Clamp Meter
Snap-On Tote bag
Misc electrical items (Wires, connectors, USB cable, crimpers, etc.)

Keep an eye out if you see it for sale. Reward if the Motec ECU is found.

philofab

Powered by Optima
I had a HF Aluminum jack stolen out of my truck at the awards (we think that is when it happened).

Sucks for sure! First time I've ever had anything stolen at a race. I guess I was due.

facteryfmf

One utv team had their whole chase truck and race car stolen and ran them down and caught them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
A newbie or oldie ought to be assigned to stay with trucks.

Sad fact...

deano

McDeano
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1465525597.437332.jpg

The local scumbag thieves "just ain't care" who you are either. One of the most talented Offroad cinematographers livelihood got ripped off, during contingency ... Along with the D2G crew who are doing a motion film about their local Baja desert race -- HUUHH

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

MarkMcA

First time for us getting anything stolen. Sad fact is, there was way cooler stuff to steal than that. Lol

Time to pay the newbie in tacos and beer to stay with the trucks

buckwild

Racers need to demand SCORE provides a secure parking area for all race vehicles and chase vehicles for the whole week from Monday to Monday it wouldn't cost them much temporary fencing and some security and the amount of money that is paid by Racers to race it's in the budget to provide secure parking otherwise tell SCORE to f***off and race Best In The Desert

Kartman

Media Goon
Racers need to demand SCORE provides a secure parking area for all race vehicles and chase vehicles for the whole week from Monday to Monday it wouldn't cost them much temporary fencing and some security and the amount of money that is paid by Racers to race it's in the budget to provide secure parking otherwise tell SCORE to f***off and race Best In The Desert
This is a joke right?

Rory

Crayola Killer
We usually leave the chase truck at the hotel and spend the $6 on a taxi ride to and from tech. This sure saves a ton of headache and we usually have a great parking spot at the hotel the entire weekend.....jajaja.

GBRACER

We had a van stolen at the 1000 las t year lost $$$$$ of equipment -someone needs to stay with the trucks it's a job in the 100's of others that need doing to race.

sanfelocrew

Hi, we have a real drugs adict problem in México, thats why we are having problems, you guys as racers, get close to mexican kids, talk to them, you are their heros, once you were of me, and maybe we can change 1 of 100, best

Enviado desde mi XT1528 mediante Tapatalk

biggjim

We had a theft at the 1000...probably 5k worth...this year we were 150' from the truck with our eyes on it....the whole thing went driving by...we chased it down and recovered it a mile or 2 down the road

az_amsoil

We had a theft at the 1000...probably 5k worth...this year we were 150' from the truck with our eyes on it....the whole thing went driving by...we chased it down and recovered it a mile or 2 down the road
Crazy true story...glad it all got back!

Nothing stolen in 10 years...but park at secure hotel, pay extra and taxi into Ensenada

Bro_Gill

It seems that the thefts were diminishing until just a couple years ago. I had stuff stolen out of a prerunner AS WE PULLED UP TO THE FRONT OF THE CASA MAR back in 1988. Kids grabbed my buddies bag and ran off with it. Ensenada was really bad back then. 20 years later, not as bad as real jobs and a better economy seemed to be building in town and folks had other ways to earn a living. No problems for 10 years, but in the last few years, we have had some stuff stolen out of a chase parked in front of the restaurant we were eating in. Thanks to friends like Dave Snoddy, we were still able to run the pit with borrowed tools. That seems to be the key. Tools are easy to resell down there. Now we mostly park in secured at the hotel we stay at and walk. Plan ahead.

flyinbronco

A newbie or oldie ought to be assigned to stay with trucks.

Sad fact...
As an "Oldie" I resent this remark. That's what newbie's are for.

First time for us getting anything stolen. Sad fact is, there was way cooler stuff to steal than that. Lol

Time to pay the newbie in tacos and beer to stay with the trucks

See? This guy gets it.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
we had a gear bag stolen from the "secured" lot behind Las brisas on tuesday.
From what the cops told us its a lot of deportees that have migrated from TJ to ensenada and squat in that area by the beach. They also said to call 066 immediately
image1.PNG

philofab