• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stolen items during Baja 500 contingency

philofab

Powered by Optima
I installed this theft deterrent my prerunner:

Unfortunately it didn't stop the truck from rolling.

johndjmix

Does anyone ever bring a guy down with his express job to just be a security guard for he team while equipment is left unattended?

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

sanfelocrew

Sometimes heard that teams do that, better if you take a local to translate and knows all places in baja ( hand up, and also experience in pitz)

Enviado desde mi XT1528 mediante Tapatalk

philofab

Powered by Optima
We normally make sure at least one team member stays with the truck while at gas stations and such. We also try and park where we have a view of the truck while at taco stands and restaurants.

That being said, it's hard to have someone stay with it 24/7 as everyone has to sleep and sleep is always at a premium during a race.

Cable locks and keeping valuable items hidden is always a good idea.

dan200

#BSF200
You can't stop em' but you can slow em down.

I watched a photographer/video guy zip tie his go pro cases closed. I thought it was weird and he went on to tell me that right at the finish line people have opened the go pro case and taken the camera out and walked away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACME

For tech/hotel & the trip to the race: We zip tie the spare tire strap handle down, jack, tool bags, window nets shut etc...

Figure its easier to cut a few zip ties than lose something important while grabbing a Fresca, taco or checking into the hotel. A car cover at night is nice too and zip tied seems to be secure. PS thefts not limited to Baja! More crap disappears in LV or Barstow hotels and even small town Parker isn't safe. We had a buddy catch a guy grabbing ramps off the back of a trailer during tech at Bluewater.

biggjim

For tech/hotel & the trip to the race: We zip tie the spare tire strap handle down, jack, tool bags, window nets shut etc...

Figure its easier to cut a few zip ties than lose something important while grabbing a Fresca, taco or checking into the hotel. A car cover at night is nice too and zip tied seems to be secure. PS thefts not limited to Baja! More crap disappears in LV or Barstow hotels and even small town Parker isn't safe. We had a buddy catch a guy grabbing ramps off the back of a trailer during tech at Bluewater.
What about when Dicks steal your cooler out of the back of your truck in parker!! But then they return it full of beers!