STOLEN RACE TRAILER

MikeLeung

Reaction
Please help me. The Hyperactive Motorsports race trailer was stolen Saturday night. Lucky the race car was not in it. The enclosed trailer is a 2001, 24 ft Haulmark Racer, white with a ramp door. The trailer was stolen from my house in Tucson AZ. Please keep a eye out for people selling items and the trailer. The best way to identify the trailer is that it has a yellow and white checker floor. Items in the trailer include:
3- 11 gallon dump cans,
1 New Shoei helmet, 1 simpson helmet,
2 blue Deist driving suits,
Craftsman tool box and tools,
3 double bead lock BFG traction king tires 7.5x16, 2 - Yok Supper diggers, 31x15, 2 BFG traction kings 7.5x15
3 pit boxes containing various 1600 race parts
Ringo ranger base antenna
3 PCI race radios
3 mag mount radio antenna

Thats about all i can remember. Please call me at 520-850-6636 with you spot any of these items. Thanks
Mike Leung
Hyperactive Motorsports

poolman

Reaction
Sorry to hear that I'll keep an eye out,poolman

Trophy Trailer #27T
Ragen Racing of Arizona

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I'll keep my eye on the "Traders".

"Every day I convince myself of everything I can and can't belive." -Pennywise

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Your trailer will look much different within a day or so. My guess is they have painted the accent trim black and redone the inside flooring. Thats what the guys who stole our enclosed did. According to the police these guys who stole ours were part of a theft ring that sent trailers to S.D. and to Phoenix. We got lucky and happen to see it locally. It is so easy to register a trailer that if you don't have any unique identifying marks then it may be very difficult to ever find it. Hopefully you can find your radios at a local pawn or swap meet. Make sure you notify all the local speed shops in case the guys who stole it try to sell the contents to the shops.

Hope you find it!

YZFster

Reaction
If he is headed for Cali, we will be on the lookout...........

Go Big or stay there.

Tom

Reaction
Mike, drag! I will be on the look out and spread the word. If it is still in Tucson I am sure one of us will spot it.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Thanks guys, any help would be great. I talked to all my friends that drag and circle track, there gonna keep a eye out also. What sucks is that my insurace only covers $1000 for the trailer itself...and i'm fighting them on the contents in the trailer.

MikeLeung

Reaction
OH MY GOD!!!

I got a call from the Californa Highway Patrol. They found my trailer at Dune Buggy Flats. It was empty but in great condition. I even forgot when it was stolen, but judging from my post here, back in Oct 2002.

Saddens me to think that since it was recovered at Dune Buggy Flats, that it might have been stolen and used by someone involved in offroad motorsports.

NIKAL

Reaction
Thats great! Was it just ditched out there or was some using it? I assume they were able to arrest someone? Since it has been so long and I'm assuming the insurance has paid you your big fat $1000, so who gets the trailer? You or the insurance company? To bad about the rest of your stuff, but it is still amazing that they found the trailer. A few years ago I got stopped for speeding with my trailer and the CHP ran my truck registration, but never asked for the trailer reg or the prerunner reg. I was surprised.

MikeLeung

Reaction
The CHP officer said that is was found abandoned with a flat tire at Dune Buggy Flats. No arrests or anything. The insurance only paid me for the contents...so the trailer is still mine...I even still have the title and door keys.

MikeLeung

Reaction
so Mike where is Dune Buggy flats!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...Buttercup Sand Dunes...its at the south part of the Imperial Dunes (Glamis) If you take the Sand Hwy south from Glamis, you'll hit Dune Buggy Flats right before the CAP Canal and I-8.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
Hey Mike i'm in this area if you need any help pm me..........

MikeLeung

Reaction
Thanks for the offer...but Dan Winters of PRO Desert picked up the trailer for me and is keeping it at his house until I can make it out to Yuma.