• Forum membership has its advantages....

stolen yamaha 426 in San Felipe

Baja_Nikki

Betwewen 8pm to 12am my friends 2001 yamaha 426 bike was stolen out of my truck in front of Don Jesus hotel in san felipe...please help!!

RAK San Diego

Welcome to Baja. It used to be just Ensanada but now the professional theives are now in San felipe too. Your not the only one who got hit. I have a couple of friends who's trucks were broken into while at the finish line directly behind the shirt stands. They figure they lost over 6K in tools, helmets, video gear, ramps and race radios. Nothing is safe in Mexico!

RAK

bajaford

Yes! stay out of Baja... it is very dangerous. None of you should go there. I will go back down in a few weeks and report back to see if things have changed.

Suxs Tim is one of my goods friends. Last guy that needed this.
ve always thought about starting a group to patrol during races. "Racers to Keep Races Safe"
Patrol all the major pits, town at night, etc.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Was it a 2 stroke????? I think it just went ripping up my street!!!!!!!

BGRANT

Must be the same guys that crossed the boarder and hit SDHQ in AZ.
Thieves are everywhere,even in the USA, believe it or not.
Welcome to Baja. It used to be just Ensanada but now the professional theives are now in San felipe too. Your not the only one who got hit. I have a couple of friends who's trucks were broken into while at the finish line directly behind the shirt stands. They figure they lost over 6K in tools, helmets, video gear, ramps and race radios. Nothing is safe in Mexico!

RAK

MXShea

MX know-it-all
In the Look out ! section...or anywhere else it happens to come up, why do some people freak out and get so defensive about Mexico? I think these posters and the people replying are aware that things get stolen in America as well. However statistically your chances of getting mugged by bandits in the middle of the desert without anything happening to them, getting shot at while riding on a trail, having something stolen, etc are MUCH higher in Mexico. It is what it is. It's not a racist stereotype or an ignorant belief.

The 426 is a 4 stroke.

Best of luck on getting it back.

lem111

Lol!!! I call those keyboard gangsters. Lame huh?
In the Look out ! section...or anywhere else it happens to come up, why do some people freak out and get so defensive about Mexico? I think these posters and the people replying are aware that things get stolen in America as well. However statistically your chances of getting mugged by bandits in the middle of the desert without anything happening to them, getting shot at while riding on a trail, having something stolen, etc are MUCH higher in Mexico. It is what it is. It's not a racist stereotype or an ignorant belief.

The 426 is a 4 stroke.

Best of luck on getting it back.