STORR El Paso TX. Off road race

fennfab

Reaction
Super fun course, cool people, not a lot of turnout but wish more will come, whoops for days.

BITD_1021

Reaction
Looks like there's a real problem with Delivering a tap to pass. Maybe since things are big in Texas, so are the nerfs. Maybe Kurt LeDuc needs to give a lesson on the correct way to tap and pass after drivers meeting. If you're not able to deliver a simple love tap at speed, you shouldn't be driving in a organized race. Just an observation since I read at your website. No offense but it must be a problem.

Honda48X

Reaction
Looks like there's a real problem with Delivering a tap to pass. Maybe since things are big in Texas, so are the nerfs. Maybe Kurt LeDuc needs to give a lesson on the correct way to tap and pass after drivers meeting. If you're not able to deliver a simple love tap at speed, you shouldn't be driving in a organized race. Just an observation since I read at your website. No offense but it must be a problem.
Why do you think it’s a problem? All organizations that operate a organized race should have rules that need to be followed. I don’t see a problem with this approach.

BITD_1021

Reaction
Well, I visited the website, www.storracing.com, there was an emphasis on nerfing. I just thought it was strange that there was so much info up front. I was looking at entry fees, classes, previous results. Thought it was strange that bumping was an issue and needed addressing. I'm not aware of an organization that requires a racer to report a bump within 15 minutes of an end of a race. Like I said, don't take it personal if you designed the site or run the organization. All organization have rules and emphasis problems. I've never seen anything on bitd.

fennfab

Reaction
I am not in the org, just help out but there has been issues before, nothing out of control and the video put it to bed, most guys dont have very high end rigs and they dicourage nerfing but if you dont get out of the way, hate taps are the way it goes. A few jackrabbits in these parts, the worst ive had to hit a bunch of times and we are still buddies, they are just setting rules if there is issues, very fun course and the promoters are all racers and its a super cool atmosephere, wish more would come out.

Texasnative

Reaction
Folks,

This looks like a fun race. We will make an effort to try and race with STORR one day soon since we are based right outside of Austin. I don't think we will be able to make this race but maybe one in the near future...

T C B

Reaction
Folks,

This looks like a fun race. We will make an effort to try and race with STORR one day soon since we are based right outside of Austin. I don't think we will be able to make this race but maybe one in the near future...

hello, sure hope you can make it we have people from all over showing up we had Texas racer New Mexico Arizona Mexico September is our next race 27th 28th

steve0we

Reaction
Any chance you can work on a closed course so spectators dont die? Would love to race it, but not when there are people on the course. To much risk in Texas with a wrongful death lawsuit....

fennfab

Reaction
The area is not fenced off, there are dozens of roads to access the track from. Spectators stay off of the track for the most part, closing it off is not possible. Super cool terrain, sandy but no siltbeds.