• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stupid A** comments on the classifieds

DougM

Klaus or John,
Is there any way to get rid of the comments section in the classifieds section?
Im so sick of reading the childish comments on that thing. its getting like the race dez board used to be..

just a thought

Doug
long time reader/poster/dez racer/spectator

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Doug, if you don't want to read them, then don't... I agree that most of the comments are lame. But some are just down right funny and others are helpful. My vote is to keep the comments. Although be need to chill on the spelling issue. Go become a teacher if you want people to know how to spell.

Tony

John Bitting

Administrator
The classifieds will stay the same for now. I see all the comments but must of them are on over priced vehicles or accessories or beaters, People do not really comment on stuff that is right on. We still log all IP's and we know who is doing it, I dont think your comment back with all the cussing helps the situation much. People have really good luck with the classifieds. I get e-mails all the time and stopped at races and told thanks. I myself have recieved numerous calls on my truck from the site and none from the trader and this site is free go figure. It is a target audience on this page, That is who the buyers are.. Sometimes you have to put up with a little [censored], If someone wants it they will buy it regardless of the comments..

Klaus

Administrator
Live just isn't perfect all the time. Perhaps these little challenges is what make it worth while though.

We are aware of the situation and may or may not do something about it/

dezertchick

Your right, John, most slams are correct, I think they are funny as all heck, Klaus your right too. I just sold one of my lockers I put on there a couple of days ago, Race-Dez ads work -- it's the best!!!!!!!

rdc

I was waiting for a post like this to pop up on 2.0 about the add's. Take it from me, John & Klaus are on top of it and making a big issue out of it here might not be vary productive. ;)

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

singlehanded

I think the classifieds are good just the way they are. Some people deserve to be bagged on, especially when they dont have a clue about what their selling or don't return e-mails. I have had no problems when selling my stuff. But the spelleng (oops) thing is just stupid, if you can figure out what the poster was saying then whats the point of telling the person who just probably hit the wrong key, learn to spell, go back to school ect.Also I dont think anyone is forcing you to read the comments. If your sick of something don't do it anymore.

local

rdc

I think the classifieds are great. I have been very successful selling parts. It's nice to have an audience that is focussed specifically on offroad desert racing. Thanks Klaus & John!