• Forum membership has its advantages....

Suggestions for camping locations--2017 Baja 500

Looking for any suggestions you may have on camping/spectating areas for the 500. As it turns out, I may be flying solo, so the plan is to head down early Friday, hit contingency for a bit, Tacos for a late lunch and then on to camp site. To avoid driving at night, I don't want to be too far out of Ensenada. Thanks!

AZ7000'

North of coyote cals to camp but I would book a dorm bed at CC's for safety then walk down to your "Camp" right on the beach.

swiftracing5

There have been some sketchy stories from people camping down on the beach there ie surfer friend said he watched his camp get gone through while he was out surfing. By the time he paddled in they were gone.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

AZ7000'

Coyote Cal's is safe, its the throngs of Borracho spectators and one gringo camping would be the concern. Just like camping overnight in Barstow solo with nice stuff around, why take the chance? Tweakers everywhere. That said my wife and I ride through that area on bikes with our truck on the US side a few times per year, no worries during non race weekends, the races bring out the opportunists...

When we bring down the trailer on non race weekends we pull it up to CC's to park for the day while riding. Buy some happy hour drinks when we get back and maybe a meal and all good, pull it right back down to the cliffs.

rakso

Looking for any suggestions you may have on camping/spectating areas for the 500. As it turns out, I may be flying solo, so the plan is to head down early Friday, hit contingency for a bit, Tacos for a late lunch and then on to camp site. To avoid driving at night, I don't want to be too far out of Ensenada. Thanks!
Another vote for coyote cal's. I'll be camping there Friday after contingency