Suggestions needed for spectating Mint 400

PDANK Racing

Reaction
I'll be attending the mint with my wife, and am looking for advice on the best way to spectate. We'll be staying at Golden nugget, and plan on attending the fremont st events. Are the VIP passes on sunday worth it? I was thinking about going to Jean on Sat., and Primm on Sunday. Do I need to get a rental car, or can we take Uber? What are the necessities to bring with?

Soupy

Reaction
I think you will want a car. Definitely take in the Fremont stuff. Not sure Uber is going to cut it for Jean and Primm. I'm biased. I like my mobility. Everything in the desert is farther away than you thought. I volunteer as my way of getting the best seat in the house. I did bring my girlfriend one year. Depending on how into the sun, fuel, dust and noise she is will determine the usefulness or a rental car AND Uber. :)

51rcr

Reaction
see if there still running the buses to the spectator areas. bounce around, ya want to hit the freemont stuff up.

PDANK Racing

Reaction
I emailed the Mint about shuttle service a couple days ago and haven't gotten a response yet. We tend to drink a lot on vacation, so driving a rental may not be an option lol. Should we plan on bringing chairs or anything else with?

R. Gross

Reaction
If you plan on going to the spectator areas I would suggest getting there real early for a spot at the ropes or fencing so you are not having to look over or between people. We used an ez up to mark our area with caution tape from pole to pole. We also brought a wagon with our coolers and lounge chairs. We took one of our chase radios out of the truck along with a good charged battery in the wagon so we could listen to the play by play from relay so we could hear what was happening all over the track. A handheld will work but you won't be able to hear some of the feedback from the far side of the course. Down side of the radio is that everyone wanted to hear what was going on so some times we got swarmed around our ez up.

J Prich

Reaction
Hard to predict what the crowds will be like with the new format. I'm interested to see how many people come out for Saturday afternoon. And Sunday morning too. I'd expect Sunday afternoon to be pretty crowded as it normally is but Saturday especially will be interesting to see.

Too Tall

Reaction
I emailed the Mint about shuttle service a couple days ago and haven't gotten a response yet. We tend to drink a lot on vacation, so driving a rental may not be an option lol. Should we plan on bringing chairs or anything else with?

I believe the shuttle is no longer running, I had purchased tickets for it, and had them refunded several weeks ago. That being said, something might have changed between now and then.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Hard to predict what the crowds will be like with the new format. I'm interested to see how many people come out for Saturday afternoon. And Sunday morning too. I'd expect Sunday afternoon to be pretty crowded as it normally is but Saturday especially will be interesting to see.
It will be interesting to see how Saturday goes. I am working Sunday at normal job so will not experience the TT race.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
see if there still running the buses to the spectator areas. bounce around, ya want to hit the freemont stuff up.
I believe the shuttle is no longer running, I had purchased tickets for it, and had them refunded several weeks ago. That being said, something might have changed between now and then.

Unfortunately due to lack of utilization the last couple years, the shuttle service was eliminated this year. Shuttle were running well below half of their expected utilization the last couple years.

Overall, Spec 4 is filled, and has been since less than an hour since they went on sale. Mad Media also reduced dramatically the number of spectator passes for Spec 4. (reduced by over 100) so that the problem of no place to park is completely eliminated.

There are still several other areas available for spectators.

Those that got passes for Spec 3 or 4, as well as any teams headed to their pits after the race has started should be aware of one big piece of information:

When each race starts on both days, approximately 30 minutes later, there will be a hard closure of Knight Ranch Road at Spectator area 2. It will remain closed until a reasonable amount of space is between cars which can be between 30 and 90 minutes. each race while vehicles are in their first lap. Please plan your time accordingly to reach the pit areas.