1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Sundahl Atv racing frame

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Vtr_Racing, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Vtr_Racing

Vtr_Racing Well-Known Member

I just got these pictures from the manufacturer of this frame. I wasnt aware they were building a Honda 450r frame. I had heard about the banshee frame that Sundahl had. This looks pretty nice. Claiming 16" of travel in the front and 18 in the rear and the width is just under 50". Looks sweet.

Attached Files:

2. chango 22

chango 22 Well-Known Member

Bad azz.Could you imagine some 23s in front and some 22s in the rear,Would be like riding a cfr 450..Whats the price tag?

3. partybarge_pilot

partybarge_pilot Well-Known Member

Since the dawn of the 3 wheeler, Dean has been the man!

4. dezertracer230

dezertracer230 Well-Known Member

My cousin had one of those bikes set up from Dean. and i know an old friend of mine had that frame with a Honda XR650R motor in it. those bikes are unbelivable in the whoops. its unreal.

5. MADTERROR

MADTERROR Well-Known Member

I Was Talking To A Guy There And He Told Me Like 7500 For The Whole Setup Including Shocks (munis Engine And Plastic Etc..) He Also Said He Is Making A Belly Skid Plate And A Light Mount. He Also Said He Will Be Racing It At The 1000.

6. rob-u

rob-u Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple of those banshees. They look trick. I just dont know how well they would handle. I'm sure they are not to good through the technical stuff. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  7. motochris

motochris Well-Known Member

I've always been intrigued by that chassis.

8. Dez_Annihilation

Dez_Annihilation Well-Known Member

Late 80s- early 90s it was all about the Engin Bros.

9. Sundahl Racing

Sundahl Racing Member

Hello,

Thank you for your posts, views, and interest in our bike!!! If you want to know any specific questions that I might be able to help you with please post them! Thank you for checking out our SRP-450

Let me know how I can help

James Woodford
    Sundahl Racing Products

10. D Bergstrom

D Bergstrom Well-Known Member

The biggest question I have is what is the price, and do you accept first born's as payment.:D

Also, I saw in your introduction post that your are also going to make this frame to accept a XR650 engine? How does a quad with that much travel handle? I would think that the pictures are not showing the quad a ride height, (looks kind of tall) but I would imagine that it might be a little "tippy". Looks pretty trick, I saw you are going to race a 450 and 650 at the 1000, good luck and let us know how they work.

Doug

11. ikikazz73

ikikazz73 Well-Known Member

any website?

12. Goober

Goober Well-Known Member

Does he still live in Santee?

13. chango 22

I would say it handles pretty good Dean looks like he is riding a magic carpet when he goes by...

14. JohnnyAirtime

JohnnyAirtime Well-Known Member

correcto'mundo... built for speed... and desert/baja racing.

Tight technical isn't 16" of travel and wider than stock :rolleyes:

15. JohnnyAirtime

JohnnyAirtime Well-Known Member

... at least you could spell it right! LoL!

Engen Brothers racing.

They didn't use a Sundahl frame on the Bansh Rod still owns... but they did dominate for a while. However, Dean's products were on my Bansh... and they worked awesome.

It's cool to see he's still got his signature front suspension being built... I remember the first one in his garage... sitting there, only 'tacked' together and not even close to complete. He was super cool to go over the details with me... he didn't have to. Could have said "Shoo fly shoo!".

I'd be interested in owning an XR650 motor'd full suspension quad!! ...oh wait, gotta sell my Bomb DS650 first! :D

Chris,
    Where's that video tape and still pics of this last weekend?!?!?!:confused:

16. Sundahl Racing

Sundahl Racing Member

To all,

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner! We've been really busy getting the 650 ready to roll, and have been focused on testing the 450 as well. The 450 frame feels light agile the closest I can compare is the 88' 250r, the front end is light and and once sitting on the bike there is 4+ INCHES of sag in the suspension. Its not much taller than my roll/elka 450 I set up for the san felipe 250 this year. You can hit whatever you want and the rear slides no problem. If you are serious ready to put a deposit on a frame, we are willing to setup test rides that way you can know you are buying the performance you want. We want to sell you on the ride, so please let us know!!

The price is $6,000 but you get a lot for the money. Its called a stock conversion and targeted to customers who already have a 450 or just bought a 450, you can take all your stock parts as you see in the pics and bolt them right on our frame. From plastics, radiator, to the bearings in the swingarm. Thats our philosophy for the frame. We can do the service of switching the bikes for you or you can do it yourself if you have the know how. You get our custom spindles, X-arms upper, and lower, the entire chromoly frame, a swingarm, heim joints, Tie-rods, and we modify your stock honda steering stem so that we can eliminate bump steer! For race setup $7500 you get all mentioned and a chrmoly sub frame, and axle. We are also doing yamaha 450 and suzuki's!

We will be at the lake elsinore for the baja 1000 drawing friday, and saturday if any of you are intersted in checking out the same bike in the pics. We dialed in the rear springs, so it doesn't sit as high as the pics on the post. True SRP-450 has an awesome 16" front travel, and 17" of rear travel from our calcs and have been double checked from the works suspension engineers! We were all very impressed with our testing rides!!

Thanks for your time and interest, and great comments keep them coming its great to hear from all of you!
    Please follow up with any questions you might have, orders, or questions about setting up test rides!!

James Woodford
    Sundahl Racing Products
    760-429-8417

Johnny A- Sell the Ds you wont' be disappointed!!
    Rob-U- There is technical stuff in baja races but this bike won't disappoint anyone. it handles great and when it gets rough, this bike is so smooth and effortless! Were you 3a in sf250?
    ikikazz- The website is on the way,but probably 1 month out

17. dezertracer230

dezertracer230 Well-Known Member

Here are some pics of the Honda 650 frame a friend had got from Dean back in 2002-2003. i dont know why he stoped racing it.:confused:

Attached Files:

18. chango 22

These guys are cool as hell . Bike is very well built and i would love to have one . They even offered me to go for a spin on it, i was going to go back later but some kid stuff came up..

19. LAZYBOYMOTORSPORTS

LAZYBOYMOTORSPORTS Well-Known Member

That bike is cRaZy

20. Vtr_Racing

Vtr_Racing Well-Known Member

Heres a few more pics of that bike.....Very sweet looking machine.

Attached Files:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted