Sup with finding BFG tires

92OCHO

RDC Crypto
I've been a BFG guy over 40 years probably bought over 100 sets of BFG tires.... hell I was on a BFG sponsored race team for 10 of them.

Here's my take on BFG's September of 2020 I bought a Toyota Tacoma after installing front leveling kit, upper A arms & shocks all the way around I took it to my buddy's tire shop for alignment, wheels & tires while it's getting the front straignend out I'm up front with his son checking out wheels after 30 or so minutes i/we found as set of methods with phoney bead locks why I'm not shure All they do is hold ALOT of mud but that's another story.

THEN we get to tires & that's where the kid & I damn near ended up rolling in the dirt getting in a fist fight.... he's pushing Yokohama & I want BFG's
After 10 minuites of verbal abuse on both our parts he makes me an offer I can't refuse by telling me if I buy the Yokohama Geolander G015 he will garrantee I will get 70,000 miles out of them & love the shizt out of them or my money back no questions asked.

That decision took about .0002 seconds to make..... put em on!!
Here it is January 2022 & 56,000 miles later those tires have gone from 13/32 new to 8/32 currently, no flats, no rebalancing 26 times with 7 ounces per wheel (BIG TIME BFG PROBLEM) not out of round another BFG problem, great in snow & mud.

Granted there on a 5,000 pound gutless Toyota but at least there round & don't need half a pound of wheel weights to balance

I'll never buy a set of those damn BFG All terrain tires again EVER
Wow…. I’m definitely a “brand” guy… don’t really know why..

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
I've been a BFG guy over 40 years probably bought over 100 sets of BFG tires.... hell I was on a BFG sponsored race team for 10 of them.

Here's my take on BFG's September of 2020 I bought a Toyota Tacoma after installing front leveling kit, upper A arms & shocks all the way around I took it to my buddy's tire shop for alignment, wheels & tires while it's getting the front straignend out I'm up front with his son checking out wheels after 30 or so minutes i/we found as set of methods with phoney bead locks why I'm not shure All they do is hold ALOT of mud but that's another story.

THEN we get to tires & that's where the kid & I damn near ended up rolling in the dirt getting in a fist fight.... he's pushing Yokohama & I want BFG's
After 10 minuites of verbal abuse on both our parts he makes me an offer I can't refuse by telling me if I buy the Yokohama Geolander G015 he will garrantee I will get 70,000 miles out of them & love the shizt out of them or my money back no questions asked.

Here it is January 2022 & 56,000 miles later those tires have gone from 13/32 new to 8/32 currently, no flats, no rebalancing 26 times with 7 ounces per wheel (BIG TIME BFG PROBLEM) not out of round another BFG problem, great in snow & mud.

Granted there on a 5,000 pound gutless Toyota but at least there round & don't need half a pound of wheel weights to balance

yup, my kr3 took all kinds of lead to balance , and they still have a wonky freeway harmonic feel, but, they are bfg😍( best tires i bought new were from pep boys, 30x9.50s mud terrains, i think ' futuras', lasted for Ever, rubber was like hockey puck hard, sucked in the rain.worst milage wise were bfg all terrain, lasted about 15000 miles, worked Great in All terrain, but the wear was horrible, hmmm, ' trade off' is the phrase im looking for👍

Last edited:

class5cole

RDC Crypto

Funny story- I used to be the exact same way about General. Even helped develop paddle tires under the General branding. After kicking and screaming about wanting another set of Generals, I caved and got my first BFG All Terrains.... My life has been better since.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Oh I forgot to mention the Yokohama's are 11lbs lighter than the BFG (we scaled them both) & both were 10 ply tires.
In reference to being a harder compound than BFG that's entirely possible but they still leave rubber marks in Moab & work just as good on ice as BFG, they might not work as well on a 8,000 lb 3/4 ton 4x4 truck with a Cummins in front idk? BUT

I'm sold!

92OCHO

RDC Crypto
Oh I forgot to mention the Yokohama's are 11lbs lighter than the BFG (we scaled them both) & both were 10 ply tires.
In reference to being a harder compound than BFG that's entirely possible but they still leave rubber marks in Moab & work just as good on ice as BFG, they might not work as well on a 8,000 lb 3/4 ton 4x4 truck with a Cummins in front idk? BUT

I'm sold!
Yok salesman of the year !!
sup with the over under

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
BFG for a long time used a much softer compound for the snow rating, that has changed in the last year or so, they are still softer than the Toyos I ran but not like a eraser soft. They have some cool stuff coming for us with 3/4 and one ton chase trucks too

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Yoko's have always been good tbh. One of the most underrated tire brands out there. Glad to see you love them. Cooper makes a good AT/MT also

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
I have been running Cooper tires on my Cherokee and Expedition for a while and like them. We don't get good mileage out of the Coopers on 10,000 plus pound pick ups in the oil field though, and Cooper claims to have specifically designed a tire for the oil field. I don't know if that is the tire they tried to run or not, but the ones another division of my company runs don't hold up.

My division has much better success with Michelin LTX AT2 tires. They are not an aggressive tread pattern, but hold up to the horrible roads we drive on and hauling heavy loads.

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto

Our team just switch from long time BFG to Yokos. I don't know if the chase team gets a deal on them but I might have to consider switching when the time comes just based on your post. Thanks

class5cole

RDC Crypto
I have been running Cooper tires on my Cherokee and Expedition for a while and like them. We don't get good mileage out of the Coopers on 10,000 plus pound pick ups in the oil field though, and Cooper claims to have specifically designed a tire for the oil field. I don't know if that is the tire they tried to run or not, but the ones another division of my company runs don't hold up.

My division has much better success with Michelin LTX AT2 tires. They are not an aggressive tread pattern, but hold up to the horrible roads we drive on and hauling heavy loads.
Michelin makes the best damn motocross tires and wiper blades