On Topic Super diff

C. Ellis

Reaction
Does anyone know what the difference is between a super diff that threads in and has the little pins to lock in place vs the c clip type?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Hard to come by now, Top line trans suppliers may be your best bet. I am sure there are some still available from truly good builders. Expect to pay well for one.

C. Ellis

Reaction
Hard to come by now, Top line trans suppliers may be your best bet. I am sure there are some still available from truly good builders. Expect to pay well for one.
IMG_1519603561.486599.jpg

This is the what I have, the axle snapped and everything was dinged up pretty good. Does this look like I need a whole new diff? Or just replace the thread in piece?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Mike Depue

Reaction
I would go with double snap ring if your axle angle is 10 degrees or less you will never hurt the diff

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Have the trans guy pull the diff, mag everything and see where it sits. Obviously the trans is coming apart anyway since it had shrapnel roll through it. Threaded lock collar would probably be pretty easy to replicate at any cnc machine shop for replacement if diff mags clean.

Mohr

Reaction
I believe Rancho has some threaded diffs...

Bro_Gill

Reaction
That looks like a threaded diff, but the ad says snap ring. False advertising!

Grease Weed

Reaction
Go snap ring diff. If you break an axel you can replace it fairly quickly. Screw in diff you’re screwed, have to pull the trans.