super duty suspension

tedmales

Reaction
Has anyone seen of know of a long travel kit for the newer super duty fords. I have been looking at a new f 250 powerstroke and want to make it long, semi long travel, new beam, coil over , etc but have not seen much at all. They are just I beams so i would think someone would be able to do something.
thanks
ted

JeffS

Reaction
Their site is kinda 'coming soon', but you may want to check with Donahoe Racing ...

dadomin8r

Reaction
I've seen some big drop down brackets for the I-beams on this truck in Azusa. Not a long travel but interesting nonetheless. The arms were about six feet long...BIG!

Attachments

JeffS

Reaction
They make 2wd SuperDuties ??

LOL ... I've been living in the rockies too long.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
damn, nothin like a chrome sway bar.!! and how bout those radius arms. look a little weak to me for that big old truck on those ground hawgs. hehehe

dadomin8r

Reaction
If you do find the kit you are looking for, Hannemann makes an awesome fiberglass kit for it.
Flared Front fenders
Flared REAR fenders
Cowl hood
Front bumper
+ a few options on the front fenders and bumper.

Stop by and check out his super duty, he has it all installed and it looks sweet.

Tim

Reaction
nothing like dragging up an old post, but a freind is buying a 2wd superduty and I was wondering whether anyone has seen a kit or a shop that is doing something semi-longtravel for the i-beam 2wd superduties?
Thanks, Tim

jeff

Reaction
Custom yes, regular bolt-on stuff not really. Fabtech has an extended radius arm kit that is pretty decent. Add some nice shocks and you've got three tons of fun. They make a dual shock kit that can be modified to run better shocks but if he's getting a Diesel I don't think the Fabtech shock kit fits. You can check it out here: http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTS410DS.html

Aloha

johnnyweb

Reaction
THE SKYS THE LIMIT WITH IBEAMS LIKE THE 2WD SUPER DUTY HAS. ANY GOOD DESERT FAB SHOP CAN SET IT UP W/COILOVERS ETC. IF YOU WANT A USELESS WAY TO TALL, DISCO SATURDAY NIGHT CRUZZING LIFT I CANT HELP YOU. I WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH 12" DROP BRACKETS. I HAVE SEE A FEW DONE OUT AT THE RACES.

Tim

Reaction
yah, I'm not to hip to the fabtech or rcd stuff and I dont want to see a freind go that way either. I was just wondering if anyone respectable like say autofab etc. where making a bent beam or extended beam kit. oh well, custom is the only way to go I guess. Thanks everyone, Tim

johnnyweb

Reaction
john at autofab know his way around a beam truck. give him a call he is a real nice guy 619 562-1740. you could also check with camburg.