super trap

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
has anyone ever removed ther exhaust pipe and used a super tarp exhaust? I am really considering doing that cause the super trap is totally adjustable and its cheaper then getting a say flow master or something installed.

Gregg

evan_clanin

Reaction
i know a few guys down here that use street bike mufflers, on there trucks and it works fine, looks funny, but it works, and its sounds some what decent

evan

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

hoeker

Reaction
i've got several friends that have done it with success. they're definately very tunable. on a v-8 they sound good with a full system, not sure about only a partial system.

i still like flowmasters on a street rig.

Build it right, Drive it hard.
www.rosshoek.com

J_Dog

Reaction
Gregg,
I used to have an 88 Ranger (stock 2.9 V6) that I removed the stock muffler and used a Supertrapp muffler. They are definitely tuneable and it sounded pretty good, too. If you get one, be careful not to try and change the discs too much while the muffler is hot, the bolts tend to bend a little (from experience). The other problem I remember was getting it smogged. The cap had to be removed so the smog machine sensor could be inserted into the muffler, no big deal though, just do it before you go to the smog shop.

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

PLS

Reaction
I ran one for a long time on my jeep. The only problem I had was noise when I gapped the plates too much. A motorcycle cop pulled me over in downtown San Diego and gave me a fix-it for being too loud. I then had a hard time getting it signed off. The sheriffs and local cops told me noise violations had to be done by Highway patrol. When I went to them, they told me it was an illegal exhaust modification and wouldn't even test it. I finally found another S.D. cop downtown who signed it off.
Pete S.- BOYD RACING

robert_encinas

Reaction
i had one on my 88 ranger (2.9) . i liked it alot, some people thought i had a v-8. i also got a "noise" ticket in huntington beach one time and asked the cop if he could wait a minute while i "retuned" the sound , it worked!

ntsqd

Reaction
Had an early single 3" Flowmaster (Flowmaster Rep @ SEMA 2 yrs later: "we only sell those for race vehicles....") on a 302 Ford. Was too loud even with full length exhaust. Ended up putting the pair of SuperTrapp's that I was trying to eliminate back on in addition to the Flowmaster. BTDT with Flowmasters. No more for me.

Something to watch for with SuperTrapp's, if the vehicle sits for a while and then you fire it up and attempt to drive it the 490 miles from Chico, CA to Ventura, CA the rust flakes in the exhaust pipe will plug up the discs and ultimately as you're trying to figure out what's going on cause you to get propositioned by a truckstop hooker in Westly, CA. Don't ask...........

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.