• Forum membership has its advantages....

Supercross 2019

9five9

First of the triple crown events. Personally I can't stand the format, but I guess it shakes things up a little bit. My money would be on the consistent guys - BB4, Roczen is always up front, and Barcia will probably end up 3rd or 4th overall. My guess is ET3 will win one of the motos, do OK in another, and either wad up or have a mechanical in another, putting him somewhere around 6th or 7th overall.

What do you guys think?

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Osbourne, Stewart and Barcia out already, just a matter of time for Roczen to repeat his annual throw away, Anderson proving people right about his championship gift last year, Tomac pulling a Dungey; 4th place every week for the title.
Supercross Futures should be aired on TV, it’s way better than Saturday nights racing.
Webb is a weenie.
Bring Langston in the booth.

Did I catch up?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

y2kbaja

Still watching on mute. Can't stand Shaheen's non-commentary. Only talks about championship and past results. A guy hole-shots and Shaheen's giving him the win and the red plate in turn 2. And Carmichael is 5 turns behind.

Still watching on mute. Can't stand Shaheen's non-commentary. Only talks about championship and past results. A guy hole-shots and Shaheen's giving him the win and the red plate in turn 2. And Carmichael is 5 turns behind.
Yup. Ralph was giving K-Roc the win with 2 laps to go when Webb came in for the pass.

Triple Crown format sucks. You don't get to see any of the privateers racing or the LCQ races, which can be some of the best racing of the night.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Triple Crown is great in person. More opportunities for more racing. I think the regular format might be better for cable TV though, and the traditional format is definitely better for privateers.
SX/MX Gold pass is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Romero

JA21 out, wonder how bad it is?....

update:
"The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team has confirmed that Anderson was injured in a practice crash this week.
The team said Anderson broke his arm in two places and sustained a fractured rib. The injury will require surgery, which will take place today.
He is expected to miss at least eight weeks. His return to racing will be determined at a later date.
“I am really bummed to have to say that I am out for an injury. I was struggling to find my groove but had high hopes of pushing forward to the podium in all of the upcoming rounds. I will be back stronger. Thank you for the support.”"

Last edited:

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
damm not El Hombre!

CFreeLV

What a crazy start to the year. Its safe to say nobody would have guessed Nichols and Webb would have the red plates heading to Petco. 5 points separating 4 riders in the 250 championship and 4 points separating 4 riders in the 450's. I know it's still early but maybe we can actually get a multi rider battle all the way to Vegas. I was impressed with AC last night being able to gather it up after 2 or 3 squirrel laps. In the past he would have thrown it away so hopefully this is a sign of a more mature AC.

Before this year Webb never looked comfortable on the 450. The YZ450F has rumblings that it's not ideal for smaller sized riders with its weight and where the weight is distributed. Looks like there might be some verity to that. I'm sure Aldon has him in shape and his mechanic isn't the worst either but so far the switch to KTM has been a perfect storm for Webb.

Last nights track layout has been the best yet! The wall jump, sand and back to back whoop sections that slow speeds down equal passing opportunities. Good first quarter IMO.

PBR

The Baker Factory works, I don't think anyone in their right mind will argue that.

MM looked good. Do you think he would have punted another rider on the last lap if it wasn't his teammate?

Romero

The Baker Factory works, I don't think anyone in their right mind will argue that.

MM looked good. Do you think he would have punted another rider on the last lap if it wasn't his teammate?
Absolutely...

Honda48X

I agree and ET3 is being very smart this year and so far is right in the hunt. Give him a chance to hone in the bike and watch..... time will tell

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Stars are aligning for guys like Cooper and Blake. It won’t be this way throughout the series.
Eli had a preseason injury (after MEC) and just started riding during the week for the first time last week. The new Kawis are having issues. Both bikes smoking and Savatgy DNF’d because of it.
Marvin and Ken stand the best chance against Eli and the fact that they aren’t way out front already is probably bad news.

Stars are aligning for guys like Cooper and Blake. It won’t be this way throughout the series.
Eli had a preseason injury (after MEC) and just started riding during the week for the first time last week. The new Kawis are having issues. Both bikes smoking and Savatgy DNF’d because of it.
Marvin and Ken stand the best chance against Eli and the fact that they aren’t way out front already is probably bad news.

Too many variables for this question to be narrowed down to, but do you think that riders are "jiving" better with the steel frames of the KTM and Huskies? Bagget has been better on the KTM than the Suzuki, Webb gets 2 win in fours race on the KTM while he struggled for 2 years on the Yamaha.

bullnerd

I loved my 92' CR250! lol!

Is it me or is the coverage not as good as it was last year?

It seems like we hear the crowd while watching mid pack and miss every meaningful pass.

Ditto on Langston, I'd rather see RC standing waist deep in the whoops doing a track report.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
No doubt, Mike. At the level these guys are at, little things like 1 psi in a tire makes a difference to them and the aluminum frames have been a big deal breaker for a lot of guys since it started with Honda/McGrath.
The Yamaha has been an unpopular bike for awhile now with a lot of riders.
However, I still feel that with a good start, Webb could have won on a Jap bike with Marvin’s crash, Tomac and Barcia’s injures, Anderson and Mookie out, and all of the other ingredients.
Webb is a threat with those good starts, I just don’t see it being this way by the time the series gets going and heads East.

I also think the maturity and humility factor will come into play for him. Pretty silly to celebrate your first win by taunting the guy that you battled with and frankly, got lucky he couldn’t square up the final turn because the lapper (Bogle) was rolling around in the way.

Last edited: