• Forum membership has its advantages....

Supercross 2020

bullnerd

That was cool.

Glad Webb bounced back.

I wish AC was still in it to mix it up some more.

Did KR get a gift from Davalos playing jammer ?

MXShea

MX know-it-all
great race,no whiners,webb is one stuff guy.
You must have missed Bam Bam riding up to Tomac, again, to complain about getting bumped. Then whining on the podium, then whining in the post race press conference and again in a Pulp interview.

It was a good race but Barcia needs to get real.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
That was cool.

Glad Webb bounced back.

I wish AC was still in it to mix it up some more.

Did KR get a gift from Davalos playing jammer ?
Ken earned his win with that start.
Davalos pulled over and let Barcia by.
With Eli coming from 14th to 4th, I think if anything were a gift it would be Eli’s crash. He may have come from 7th to 1st.

brad inch

i just block out barcia.looks like tomac only made up about 2-3 seconds after he got going,iam not sure it wouldve been enough.it was roczens nite

MXShea

MX know-it-all
After the crash, after the stall, ET was over 24 seconds behind the leader.
At the end of the race he was 17 seconds behind the leader. He made up over 7 seconds on the leader in traffic, passing 10 guys.

Hard to say what would have happened but it was a good night for Ken, Cooper and Eli, considering the circumstances.
That’s the kind of night that salvages a championship...last few years that might have been an unraveling 15th place finish for ET.

CYS Motorsports

I think Marty believed he had a podium wrapped up and let Barcia by, after their recent "incident," he probably didn't want to risk it. Unfortunately for him, Webb and Tomac were next level.

Tomac's refusal to be consistent is going to keep Roczen in it till Salt Lake City.

9five9

Tomac's refusal to be consistent is going to keep Roczen in it till Salt Lake City.
Tomac's refusal to be consistent is what's going to ensure that Roczen has a new number next year. If Tomac win's the plate, he will surely have earned it.

That’s the kind of night that salvages a championship...last few years that might have been an unraveling 15th place finish for ET.
I'm an Eli fan, but come on, let's not act like he didn't put himself in that situation (and almost every other one similar to it). The way Tomac took himself and Blake down was a straight up Dungey vs. Villopoto move - - It was awkward, unnecessary and desperate. And let's face it, he received plenty of lucky gifts to get where he got after that.

Since Villo retired, we've treated EVERY year like it was going to be Eli's year "if he just finds a little consistency". He's always the fastest guy out there. But he's also the most consistently reckless. I'd love to see him win the championship..... but I don't think he will.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Tomac's refusal to be consistent is what's going to ensure that Roczen has a new number next year. If Tomac win's the plate, he will surely have earned it.

I'm an Eli fan, but come on, let's not act like he didn't put himself in that situation (and almost every other one similar to it). The way Tomac took himself and Blake down was a straight up Dungey vs. Villopoto move - - It was awkward, unnecessary and desperate. And let's face it, he received plenty of lucky gifts to get where he got after that.

Since Villo retired, we've treated EVERY year like it was going to be Eli's year "if he just finds a little consistency". He's always the fastest guy out there. But he's also the most consistently reckless. I'd love to see him win the championship..... but I don't think he will.
Are you guys seriously talking about “refusal to be consistent” and only referring to one of two riders with the same average finish this year and the EXACT same points? lol
Will Kens refusal to be consistent keep Eli in the chase til SLC?
They also have the exact same amount of SX championships.

“I’m an Eli fan, but”? Why try to discredit a 14th to 4th come back and chalk it up to gifts and luck? 7th place start, 1 stall and 1 crash, what were the gifts? He has passed more than 10 riders before after finding himself buried in the pack. Is it always gifts?
As far as the BB pass, Blake was left the high line but cut down early, that was a racing incident and it happened several times in that turn. ET owned it, apologized for it and Blake acknowledged that it was not intentional after watching it.
BTW, which one are you saying was ET in the RV vs RD comparison?

Now Eli is consistently the most reckless? lol

Any of these years could have been Kens year too but it hasn’t happened.
Ken and Eli are the fastest and most consistent at this point. They’ve both also had good reasons to have not sealed the deal in the past.
Injuries, new bike and a little bad luck has held them both back.

9five9

"Are you guys seriously talking about “refusal to be consistent” and only referring to one of two riders with the same average finish this year and the EXACT same points? lol"

Stop with the logic! It makes sense in my head, OK?

"Why try to discredit a 14th to 4th come back and chalk it up to gifts and luck? 7th place start, 1 stall and 1 crash, what were the gifts? He has passed more than 10 riders before after finding himself buried in the pack. Is it always gifts?"

Eli has had some amazing come from behind rides. In this instance, in a track with hardly any passing areas, guys were practically waving him by. Cooper went from 13th to 3rd practically right in front of Eli the whole time... with a broken ass.

"BTW, which one are you saying was ET in the RV vs RD comparison?"

I'm referring to A2 2014 when Dungey took out Villo (and himself) in the last corner. In this case, ET was RD. BB was Villo.

"Now Eli is consistently the most reckless? lol"

You can't argue that he rides sort of like a Stew or Villo in their prime..... just not as good.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
"
Cooper went from 13th to 3rd practically right in front of Eli the whole time... with a broken ass.
EB329294-395A-4E2E-AA9F-007924E02E46.jpeg

And the data shows this is also a lie.

Webb was in 9th place when Tomac was in 14th. 7 seconds ahead of him.
And nothing is broken.

You should consider sharing some of the stuff you’re smoking while you watch these races!

Last edited:

Honda48X

I'm not a big fan of ET and really thought he was done when he went down. In the past he would just curl up and blame the bike. I will hand it to him that he got up and worked for the 4th place. (I cant believe I'm saying this). I of course being a loyal Honda rider want KR to win this championship but this year it looks like ET has grown up and just might win it all.

And YES is was a cheap shot on BB and Eli knew it. If he wants the Championship he needs to settle down a little. That one crash could have cost him big time.

Nessy

Eli comes from behind to win or challenge more often then not so I'm not sure what some of you are watching.

Love Eli or hate him, Supercross would be a lot less fun to watch without him. If he could consistently holeshot he would run away with it but that wouldnt be any fun and we would be stuck watching incredible battles for 6th.

CYS Motorsports

Are you guys seriously talking about “refusal to be consistent” and only referring to one of two riders with the same average finish this year and the EXACT same points? lol
Will Kens refusal to be consistent keep Eli in the chase til SLC?
They also have the exact same amount of SX championships.
I'll admit that there is recency bias in my post, but Tomac has done the same thing year over year.

Roczen has been out with injury 2 of the 3 prior seasons, hard to say what would've happened in 17/18.

Tomac has the larger sample size, which makes it seem more like a pattern of behavior.

REGARDLESS. The points between these 2 will be close for the remainder of the season.

9five9

i love the banter! haha.... honestly, this is finally a season where the fans are winning. there are good battles even when the guy in first checks out.

redrdr67

Love Eli or hate him, Supercross would be a lot less fun to watch without him. If he could consistently holeshot he would run away with it but that wouldnt be any fun and we would be stuck watching incredible battles for 6th.
That's what I thought when Stewart stopped racing. There will always be another.

redrdr67

WTH Shea! You're only supposed to be an MX know it all! Keep the factual data/stats coming. Keeps all of our emotions in check.

Based on my observations, and I'm sure most of you all will agree, Tomac, Roczen, and Webb(at this time) are the only ones that can lower their laps times towards the end of the races.

9five9

Who ya'll got for tonight? Tomac is always good at Daytona. Malcolm may be a spoiler too. Anybody have an off the wall pick?