• Forum membership has its advantages....

Supercross 2020

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Fastest Ever...FE? Thats not a very fun acronym. RC is the GOAT, Dungey is the LOAT, JS7 was FMOP and ET just gets FE? I think Ricky will need to put a little more thought into this one.

I loved it when the self proclaimed GOAT (who is ranked behind the King of SX), said “The ruts are getting rutty”.
That’s about as awesome as Ralph telling us about the red Hondas and blue Yamahas.

Oh yeah, the 450 racing was pretty good too.

Last edited:

9five9

haha.... My wife (who knows nothing about dirt bikes and could care less) overheard the "rutty" comment was like "that's the best he can do? The ruts are getting rutty?"

MXShea

MX know-it-all
They’re all gonna be cancelled.

What does “The GOAT for Supercross and the King is McGrath” mean?

MC was the King of SX, the GOAT is supposed to be for combined wins (RC).

9five9

May as well give Tomac the 1* plate right now. That really sucks in a season where it's just about guaranteed that there will be a new first time champ, to be looked back on as the season that was cut short.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Yeah, stupid virus.
I’m not convinced who is the best.
Especially after Daytona.
If one rider was fastest every weekend or had the most points and most wins or won half of the races maybe it would be easier to deal with...10 rounds is not enough. We NEED 7 more rounds of tiny tracks with triples and sometimes whoops to figure this thing out.
I think Kenny needs 7 more opportunities to holeshot and have a 10-15 second lead and maybe nobody could catch him.
Total asterisk #1 of they give it to Eli.
They should give it to Kenny. Have you seen the video where he crashes and hurts his arm? He deserves it.

Last edited:

MXShea

MX know-it-all
In all seriousness, it would suck to cut it early and warranted or not, people would consider it a hollow championship.
We should see some double/triple headers in Vegas and maybe even some mid week rounds with no fans to wrap it up. That would even be weird but it would be best case scenario.

Hopefully people stop panicking soon.

Fourstroker

I like your theory’s but doubt any of them will happen. ET will be crowned the champ. I’m far from his biggest but I could support the decision. Wasn’t his fault we went and lost our minds.

9five9

alright, the shut down is killing me. Let's at least keep talking SX. what was your favorite season since you've been a fan? Best battle/rivalry ever? Rumors? Anything?

2011 was my favorite season. Dungey was defending his first 450 title, Villo was back and healthy after his nasty 2010 crash. Stew was fun to watch. He and Reed were both still competitive and winning races. Canard had a good run within reach of the championship before he ended up getting injured. Windham was still going strong.

What you guys got?

1997. McGrath made the last second decision to jump to Suzuki and form "Team Nac-Nac". I read about it in the sports section of the LA Times. I was sitting in the Coliseum for the first race of the year and his bike change was so last minute that people in the stands still thought he was on Honda. This was before the internet after all. There were some casual fans sitting next to me and my pops before the rider intros about how Honda and McGrath were gonna dominate all year. Then The King came out on a Suzuki and those guys were in shock. In the main Honda's Steve Lamson took out McGrath in on the first lap along with himself, McGrath ended up 15th and Greg Albertyn won the race IIRC. McGrath ended up second in points that year with Emig taking the title, proving that McGrath was human and bringing some much needed change to the series after 4 straight years of McGrath domination.

It was also the year Yamaha and Dough Henry raced the new YF400 in Las Vegas and winning it's first SX race. It marked the beginning of the four-stroke revolution.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
1995, my father owned Noleen racing and their top rider was Larry Ward who ended up 2nd in points in the series. Still stands as the highest finish for a privateer team.

cool story bro
That is a cool story. Only McGrath beat him. Impressive.
Clark Jones your father?
Noleen/Sizzler YZs were awesome.
My first real bike was a 93 YZ80 Noleen/Sizzler replica. It even had the Noleen “N” engraved on the cylinder, purple frame and sweet Noleen graphics. They had a private fenced off SX track at Sunrise. You could hang on the fence and watch Ward, Brooks, Lewis ride there.

JWK Motorsports

That is a cool story. Only McGrath beat him. Impressive.
Clark Jones your father?
Noleen/Sizzler YZs were awesome.
My first real bike was a 93 YZ80 Noleen/Sizzler replica. It even had the Noleen “N” engraved on the cylinder, purple frame and sweet Noleen graphics. They had a private fenced off SX track at Sunrise. You could hang on the fence and watch Ward, Brooks, Lewis ride there.
Negative, Clark and my dad grew up together.. He didn't have $$$ to start the company so pops became the benefactor. Once he found out that no one was watching over inventory and lost 500k on mountain bike shocks, he sold it lol. They still dont talk to each other.

Fourstroker

Outdoors is supposed to end Sep 5 this year. That is later than normal. 3 months of off season. Still doesn't seem fair to the riders. Especially those who could get injured at end of SX reboot and not be ready for 2021 SX