• Forum membership has its advantages....

Supercross 2020

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Frustrating, I guess THIS is the off-season.
I want to finish the series and get in as many races just as much as anyone else but any SX races ran AFTER outdoors is a whole separate series.
You can’t just pick up and resume current points in the fall. Oct 1 is a new year and new contracts and you could have injuries from outdoors, you will have players that wouldn’t have been in the game (guys like MM, AC) changing the outcome.
Resuming in the fall only has potential to hurt guys like KR and ET, the best, and the ones with the most to lose.
If you can’t get any in before outdoors, just call it and start over.

I hate to say it guys, but I don't think SX is coming back this year. Europe is about 2-3 weeks ahead of the US on exposure to this virus and they are still on lockdown. People in Spain have been locked in their houses without being able to leave for the last 2 weeks and they still have 2 more weeks to go. We haven't seen the worst of this yet. That said, the MX series would start in May with any luck at all.

The only way I could see SX coming back would be with 3-4 venues and making them double headers. Race on Friday night, saturday off for racers/ possible track change or just maintenance then race on Sunday. And NO spectators.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Yes it’s open here off Boone rd. Pretty wet. There are some other people with the same idea. We’ve been soaked out of a couple rides so far but still more fun than sitting at home where we are getting like a foot of snow.
My kid likes to ride to the sand dunes East of Soggy and make little tracks, so we camp over by Turkey Claw entrance and ride through the valleys. There are some rock donkeys out here too.
Next week will be awesome out here but I have to go back to work.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Right off of Boone Rd. Head West at the kiosk.
there’s a little sand track against the big hill, hill provides wind shelter usually.