Supercross 2021

Fourstroker

Reaction
Gotta be honest. I don't love it but understand why it is being done. Back end of the schedule is unfinished. Hopefully Gov Newscum gets his ish together and we can add races in CA. Few other normal venues missing out as well. Gonna continue a weird pattern

1603827328867.png

y2kbaja

Reaction
Sounds like a 'decent' schedule. At least we get some SX in '21.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Four states with the possibility of another. California isn't the only one missing out. Considering the circumstances, I'm glad they got a series figured out. Gonna be odd having races on Tuesday. At least it'll be easier on the transport drivers.

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
I enjoyed the mid week Supercross, gives ya something to look forward to mid week.

Hopefully we're closer to normal, and Detroit can get their round back.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Mookie to Star Yamaha!

Did not see that coming. Good for him though. SX only though. Star Racing is gonna be a powerhouse team this year. Huge talented roster of riders.

Shea, what's with Mookie's kidneys and a dehydration issue? I saw that on the facebooks he suffered kidney damage from being dehydrated during an outdoor national a few years ago which is why he doesn't race them now.

And Bam Bam to Gas Gas.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I remember that, TLD Honda days. His kidneys were failing and he couldn’t get enough fluids, he was getting IVs. It was some sort of kidney disease he had.
Outdoors is also just a lot harder than SX - maybe that was just a good way to become a SX only guy forever. That’s kind of the dream for a lot of people.

ColeA

Reaction
Barcia officially announced he's going to gas gas, after trying to deflect the rumors.

Geico Honda going away, But factory Honda is making a 250 team with the Lawerence brothers, not sure who else will be on the team.

RacerX posted a FAQ with prater, Prater said the unannounced rounds will be decided by feb/march. Aiming for Cali but depends on all the cover restrictions. As of now fans will be allowed at the races announced, but only 20-25% capacity.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
And no more JGR. They shut their doors today. Suzuki didn't want to pay them what they wanted/needed and they couldn't find a sponsor. Hard to believe they were around for 13 years. Had some top riders in that time too. James Stewart, Chad Reed, Josh Grant (their first winner), Davi Millsaps, Weston Peick.

redrdr67

Reaction
Wow, what a bummer. Suzuki is about to clinch the MotoGP championship. Wonder if money is being shifted there for 2021.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Wow, what a bummer. Suzuki is about to clinch the MotoGP championship. Wonder if money is being shifted there for 2021.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised is Suzuki stopped making dirtbikes altogether. Carmichael left from being brand ambassador a few months ago after being with them for 15 years. Pastrana who has only ridden Suzuki his entire life went to KTM because Suzuki wasn't giving him bikes, he had to pay for them. Suzuki hasn't been the same since DeCoster left, hell they went back to what they were before he got there. Slow, underpowered bikes with very little development.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I mean it's the middle of November and pretty much all the teams have their roster filled out, but Suzuki has yet to make an announcement as to riders or even if they will have a team. Suzuki has been on their death bed for a while when it comes to SX/MX, and JGR was the only thing keeping them relevant.

NIKAL

Reaction
I honestly wouldn't be surprised is Suzuki stopped making dirtbikes altogether. Carmichael left from being brand ambassador a few months ago after being with them for 15 years. Pastrana who has only ridden Suzuki his entire life went to KTM because Suzuki wasn't giving him bikes, he had to pay for them. Suzuki hasn't been the same since DeCoster left, hell they went back to what they were before he got there. Slow, underpowered bikes with very little development.

I thought Travis changed to KTM as Suzuki was no longer making 2 strokes and DeCoster was able to make him a deal to get some KTM’s as they still make 2 stokes. I think Hubert was saying they were having a hard time getting parts to keep the Suzuki’s running. Travis still runs his 500 “RMzilla” and I though he rode it at the Red Bull strait line earlier this year.

JGRMX closing is not really a surprise. This is a business for JGR and without a primary sponsorship partner, it did not really matter if Suzuki stuck around. Unless Suzuki was willing to pay them enough to cover primary sponsorship and manufacture sponsorship Gibbs was going to close it up. Gibbs did the same thing in the early 2000’s when the closed the Drag Racing team and it was way more successful vs the MX team. 33 wins and 3 years finishing 2nd in points.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I thought Travis changed to KTM as Suzuki was no longer making 2 strokes and DeCoster was able to make him a deal to get some KTM’s as they still make 2 stokes. I think Hubert was saying they were having a hard time getting parts to keep the Suzuki’s running. Travis still runs his 500 “RMzilla” and I though he rode it at the Red Bull strait line earlier this year.

JGRMX closing is not really a surprise. This is a business for JGR and without a primary sponsorship partner, it did not really matter if Suzuki stuck around. Unless Suzuki was willing to pay them enough to cover primary sponsorship and manufacture sponsorship Gibbs was going to close it up. Gibbs did the same thing in the early 2000’s when the closed the Drag Racing team and it was way more successful vs the MX team. 33 wins and 3 years finishing 2nd in points.
Probably right about the DeCoster deal. I think I read on Vital that TP was having to buy the Suzuki's.

On a side note, I find it odd/funny that of every rider out there that Pastrana, who has changed personal sponsors (No Fear gear/ Fox etc. SOBE/RedBull) more than anyone that he had been with Suzuki almost his entire career.

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Baggett out, Savatgy and Bogle in on the Rocky Mountain KTM squad.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Surprised by that one for sure. Hope the Chupacabra finds a new home