Supercross 2021

Fourstroker

Reaction
Wilson posted this a bit ago. I’m a Webb fan and even though he was catching Roczen he was unlikely to pass him without DW15 holding up Roczen

1611470117598.png

scottm

Reaction
I would love to have the thrill of making a sx main, and I can't blame anyone for trying. But I have always wondered what is the point of making the main, totally whipped from the lcq, just to be the first guy lapped? Wilson is obviously not your average lapper, but when the leaders routinely lap up to 10th or 12th, half the field is literally just in the way. Should the main be reduced? Maybe 16?

cjmay13

Reaction
Wilson definitely should know better than that. Same thing is going to keep happening until the other OEM's start putting more riders/bikes on the track.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I would love to have the thrill of making a sx main, and I can't blame anyone for trying. But I have always wondered what is the point of making the main, totally whipped from the lcq, just to be the first guy lapped? Wilson is obviously not your average lapper, but when the leaders routinely lap up to 10th or 12th, half the field is literally just in the way. Should the main be reduced? Maybe 16?
16 laps? lol. No. If anything anyone who is 2 laps down should be pulled off. At least that way they will be forced to keep up to a race pace instead of just riding around the track in "fear" of being pulled off and disappointing their sponsors.

scottm

Reaction
I was thinking 16 riders in the main.

Romero

Reaction
So to watch Indy 1 live we now have to sign up for the Premium Version of Peacock, WTF? At the beginning it was all on NBCSN, then Peacock, now Peacock Premium - Lame.

cjmay13

Reaction
NBCSN is carrying but time delayed. Peacock premium carrying it live. Premium is $5 per month plus you get to watch all of the qualifying.

redrdr67

Reaction
Dropped Sling last month since their coverage has been dwindling in 2 wheel motorsports, dropping our favorite channels, and raising their fees. Deja vu. How are most of you watching motorsports without paying 150 bucks a month plus internet. Seems like this subject comes up every year or so.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
Dropped Sling last month since their coverage has been dwindling in 2 wheel motorsports, dropping our favorite channels, and raising their fees. Deja vu. How are most of you watching motorsports without paying 150 bucks a month plus internet. Seems like this subject comes up every year or so.

I asked my mother in law for her login information with DISH because she has NBCSN. She gave it to me and I bought 3 Rokus and put them throughout the house and downloaded the NBC Sports app and can watch anything on NBCSN that way. So between the 3 Rokus on wifi and my hard wired PS4, I can watch it on 4 devices on different TVs.

juanmoretime

Reaction
Peacock not even available here in mexico without a VPN, this is the last year for NBCSN...they're pulling the plug!

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I hate seeing the whoops break down and guys jumping them, other than that it’s good racing. Still haven’t seen a great track this year yet...I think it’s coming though. Can’t complain, we’re racing SX!

Fourstroker

Reaction
Do you think the whoop breakdown is from the fast and/or short courses that are forcing the guys to run so many laps. 20 lap mains vs 28-29 lap mains is alot more abuse on the whoops.

Jo Shimoda's comments on the podium were classic and good to hear from a guy who seems to be working hard to get faster. Something like "the next time I am on the podium I want to have earned it". Earned some of my respect

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
They pretty much build them and maintain them throughout the day/night to be jump-able or not. When they’re spaced out like that they can be jumped, so they are, and then they space out even more and just become little baby rhythm sections.
It’s very frustrating.
If they build and keep them tight they can’t be jumped, have to blitz them and then the men are separated from the boys.
Or...the Tomacs/Roczens/Stewart’s are separated from the Webb’s/Musquinns/etc.
😁

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
My internet/tv went down on Saturday morning and I didn't get it back until Sunday morning, so I didn't get to watch it. Having watched the highlights, it looks like a missed some good racing.

TMorford

Reaction
I might be alone in my thinking, but Todd Harris was a breath of fresh air in the booth. Good night of racing helped too.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I agree, I liked the announcing better this week. I understand people have different accents from around the world, but here lately it seems like every motorsport announcing team is required to have a guy from England on it.

The Rolex 24 of Daytona was this weekend, but listening to the announcer I was thinking I was watching the wrong race because he kept saying it was the 24 of Daytoner!

Maybe I am a bad person, but to me that is just annoying!

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
Leigh Diffey is a good announcer IMO. Rolex 24 had like 20 announcers from Dale Jr to Leigh Diffey because of the sheer amount of time the race goes on and them working in shifts. I didn't watch supercross this weekend so can't comment on Todd Harris. But I'm not really picky about announcers. Especially when off road racing is my first love and sometimes they have Kyle Leduc commentating and he sounds like that surfer dude on the news.

9five9

Reaction
I don't know.... This guy didn't do it for me. I know he did a lot of calling back in the day and maybe he's rusty... maybe he'll fall into place. Todd calling it "Super Monstercross energy" about made Ricky crack up on camera.

Will and Daniel are fantastic with the podium interviews. They actually make the riders discuss the race and not just sit there and plug their sponsors

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Seriously. Adding R to the ends of words that end in vowels is ridiculous and confusing.
Honder and Yamahar don’t exist. What day of the week is “Chewsday”? And who is Justin Barciar?
SX commentary should be ‘Merican.