Supercross 2021

cjmay13

Reaction
Tomac looks like he's just cruising around and not making his moves right away like he has in years past.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Yep, was a good race up front for the 450 main. All 4 players were on it. Good to see a good battle banging bars.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Tomac looks like he's just cruising around and not making his moves right away like he has in years past.
What’s even weirder is the fact that he appeared to have it in the heat race. He was never even close enough to stuff a wheel in on Cooper in the main

JDDurfey

Reaction
I was impressed with Cooper's tenacity. He kept after it during the main and picked off Roczen who I thought was going to check out a little. Three in a row for him.

Fourstroker

Reaction
^^^^^And 5 out of the last 6

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Interesting video. He is right and this design is no accident.
Supercross has become Startcross and it’s all from the influence of one man...who frankly needs to just go away.
He has done great things for a long time but he just needs to go. He is destroying SX like he has destroyed our MXoN teams and hopes for the past several years.
Isn’t it interesting how Webb (and all of the KTM guys) need to jump the whoops and big stadium whoops ruin their race? Isn’t it interesting how Cooper almost died on a dragons back last year and those don’t exist anymore?
No big stadium SX whoops, no dragons backs, no technical rhythm sections and hardly any 180 degree turns set these races up for no passing.
In saying all of that, this is not the same Eli Tomac from years past - seems like he is just circulating. I don’t know if he could get it done today even on “good” tracks.
This really needs to change though.

Last edited:

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Good show by El Hombre and Macado.
If El Hombre would have just got back on the bike instead of chastising Ray, he probably would have made the main without going to the LCQ.
Which brings up a point. In the LCQ. he was riding at the same pace as the other top riders. But he blew away everyone else in the LCQ by 20 seconds. So are the others really that slow? Should they even have a LCQ?
I was surprised to see Macado line back up. You could tell he was in serious pain. But hey, pulled out a 3rd to keep his Hope's alive for the championship.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Oh boy!
Barcia is not a good little soldier like Marvin is he?
I didn't think he did anything crazy. He did pinch him off that one time in the rhythm section. When Cooper went down it was on him in my opinion. Other random observations. Cooper was clearly off the pace, but still faster than Tomac despite the announcers continuing to say he was getting faster as the race goes on. I wish Anderson got a better start cause he was on a tear and riding on the edge like he does when he is fast. KRoc was clearly on point and rippin fast.

putorkdforbaskat

Reaction
Daniel Blair was not-serious-at-all chatting in his racer x podcast (Main Moto event) about a "play-offs/chase" thing in Supercross with the top10 riders from the "regular season" (Like Nascar does, but before SX's final five races) to avoid having a championship crowned before the last round(s). Im not a big fan of the idea... but Im just doing that in my head "just for fun" anyway haha (never ending quarantine down here)
BUT Im using a simpler points systems, like 10pts for winner, 9pts for P2..... 1pts for P10.

So far its looking like this:
- tomac17 anderson17 webb15 roczen13 barcia10 ap10 musquin10 ferrandis9 savatgy7 stewart2
Oh, no Chase Sexton, cuz he wasnt a Top10 on regular season =/

Again. This is just stupid and inside my head! Just sharing because... never ending quarantine

Romero

Reaction
Crazy racing, loved seeing Barcia ride like BamBam and Webb get caught. McAdoo was in full Beast Mode. Honestly didn't think the kid had that in him, a newfound respect for sure! But curious for those in the "know," how was he able to be the cause of the Red Flag yet able to line up again on the restart? Seems like that loophole could be manipulated by less scrupulous riders... Cooper on the podium, "not sure how he was able to line up again for the start" clearly concerned about the points but low point in character IMHO, I get it but dang, how about, "I have no idea how he was physically able to race after that, kudos to him."

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Agreed. It was more like, why did you guys let him race? Now I have to fully earn the championship.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
McAdoo is a straight up hero with that rebound back. He got lucky that he landed on top of the table top and not off to the side. Or if that jump was a triple he could have been really disadvantaged up.

As for letting him come back on track, I was watching on Peacock, for those that don't know when there's a commercial break, they don't show commercials, just a live feed of a spot on the track. During the commercial break after the red flag NBC left one of the mics on and it was the one that was filming McAdoo talking to a track official. This footage was eventually shown during the broadcast, but just a quick clip. McAdoo was pleading his case to another official saying that he talked to Doc Bodnar and that he was cleared to race. He never lost his cool or got mad when the guy told him no. He wasn't punch drunk, loopy, out of it, seeing stars. He was even being courteous to the official. Then NBC realized they had a hot mic and cut it. I just think McAdoo had the wind knocked out of him when he hit the face of the jump and his bike pile drove him into it, then tried to catapult him.

Being that he ended up third it was the proper call to make. But then, hindsight is 20/20 right?

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I didn't think he did anything crazy. He did pinch him off that one time in the rhythm section. When Cooper went down it was on him in my opinion. Other random observations. Cooper was clearly off the pace, but still faster than Tomac despite the announcers continuing to say he was getting faster as the race goes on. I wish Anderson got a better start cause he was on a tear and riding on the edge like he does when he is fast. KRoc was clearly on point and rippin fast.
Come on Stroker, of course it wasn’t anything crazy as far as racing goes and certainly not crazy for Barcia standards...that’s why I referenced Marvin - who slowed down to stay behind him (like he did with Dungey before, looking down at fake bike problems).
Crazy for a (red) KTM to not pull over for the title favorite.
Also, sorry to call fake news on you but Coopers fastest lap was a 1:36.59 with an average lap time of 1:38.27 while Eli’s fastest lap was a 1.36.01 with an average lap time of 1: 37.79.

JDDurfey

Reaction
McAdoo's crash was crazy. If there isn't a rule in the rule book prohibiting him from restarting then I don't see the problem with it. I saw the clip of him pleading his case with the official and he was lucid and completely aware of what transpired. The footage of the crash never showed him unconscious. I thought he might have broken a rib or two and had the wind knocked out of him.

When he decides to come race with the tough guys, he will make a great desert racer. ;)

Fourstroker

Reaction
Shea. I guess you missed my point about Tomac. They kept saying he was getting faster towards the end of the race but it was fairly obvious that he was nowhere near Roczens speed (nor was anybody else) and Cooper was pulling away from him as well when he wasn't getting pinched off by Barcia. Not defending Cooper at all. He simply didn't have it on Tuesday. I keep waiting for Tomac to have the crazy speed he has had in the past and take over races but haven't seen it yet

JDDurfey

Reaction
If McAdoo could keep from getting tangled up and crashing the dude would be unstoppable. How many times did he crash this weekend? Kinda reminds me of some of my desert races. I crashed 5 times one time during a 100 mile race and ended up 5th Expert.