Superduty with Carli Suspension

nimrod

KOOK!
Anyone on here have a Superduty with a Carli mid-travel suspension setup? How well does it work down in Baja, how does it tow and haul? The website makes their custom tuned shocks sound pretty awesome, any input on that?
Thanks for your time.

DirtKingDodge

Anyone on here have a Superduty with a Carli mid-travel suspension setup? How well does it work down in Baja, how does it tow and haul? The website makes their custom tuned shocks sound pretty awesome, any input on that?
Thanks for your time.
That's the only suspension you'll want for going down there with a Chase rig or just to spectate. They focused mainly on Dodges at first but their Ford products have caught up and their badass. Check out (I believe) it's fordtrucksxtreme.com. They showcase alot of their trucks on there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nimrod

KOOK!
Thank you so much. I was gonna ask about dodge too since those are the only two they seem to build. Thanks again!

calstyl2

I run the Backcountry with Fox shocks, its a great system, I have the Deaver insert pack, if you're gonna tow heavy use the insert pack and OEM spring, if you tow a medium load use the full Deaver pack.
I hooked my 15K Weekend Warrior on it and didnt have half the sag I had with OEM springs and airbags.
I have not pulled a distance with the new set up yet.

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
I'm thinking full Deaver pack and if it's not up to it their long travel airbags but I'd rather not have to do that. I've always been a Fox guy so I was wondering about that too.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

DirtKingDodge

Thank you so much. I was gonna ask about dodge too since those are the only two they seem to build. Thanks again!
Yessir. Carli and Thuren are the go tos for Dodge suspension. I've caught 4 foot of air in my buddies Carli and thuren equipped trucks. Badass stuff for sure

EMS702

Rescue 1
Nimrod, Daves #ndvalium new rescue has Carli suspension. Has not done baja. will get first true test this week in Laughlin. It is a real nice set up. Message him on facebook. Check his posts on the Motorsports safety solutions page.

Last edited:

calstyl2

For the record, I have not played with a Ford on Kings, but did have a Carli 3" on a Dodge chase truck and that was the best riding truck I ever drove other than the insightful Ball joints and death wobble. The Fords ride is not plush, not harsh like OEM but when I hit really rough road and washboard it really starts to shine. When I get a better tire I think it will get much better, right now I run 275/20s Toyo ATs

Kolman

I'm currently debating putting Carli on my f250 or buying a 2013/14 Raptor. Any comparision, or is it apples vs oranges?

calstyl2

I'm currently debating putting Carli on my f250 or buying a 2013/14 Raptor. Any comparision, or is it apples vs oranges?
Having spent a few miles in both, the Raptor is the better offroad truck, but quality wise I prefer the F-250, the F-150 chassis wears down faster, via door latches, tail gate etc. A full top end Carli suspension has similar travel etc, just a bigger truck.

DirtKingDodge

In my opinion it's kinda apples and oranges. IFS vs solid axle stuff. One is the toy, the other hauls the toys but can haul ass on the way to the dunes you know? Also all up to choice. Bigger vs smaller truck

nimrod

KOOK!
For me an XLT F-250 with a few options provides more truck for less money, I can get a 4 door XLT for less than a 2 door Raptor I do plan to tow an 8000 pound trailer and the 950 foot pounds of torque is very attracticve. Not as great in the dirt but the Carli 4.5 with the 2.5 pintop shocks looks like it'll provide enough fun in a 7000 pound truck. That's 11" of travel up front and 12" in the rear with the full Deaver Pack. Plus Ford has big incentives on dealer stock for Superduties and no waiting list. I like the toughness of a front live axle too. If I get itchy I'll get a side by side.