• Forum membership has its advantages....

Superlites

SICKSAND

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2wGFwV5S1Y"]YouTube - SuperLites 1994[/ame] Look on you tube and type in "superlites 1994"in case this site doesn't work.Where have all these superlites gone,I'm sure there has got to be some sitting around in garages somewhere?I have always liked these buggies,wish they still made them?Does anyone know where an of these are?

RacerX

My neighbor has the Greg George/Renni Awana(sp?) car along with the two other cars. Stacy Fay still has her car and her husband Doug Goodnough has a car also. Todd Wittman still has the last new Briggs built car still. We are trying to get my neighbors cars prepped to take back out to Glen Helen. The cars are a blast to drive.

Baja peso

I'd like to see some of the old videos of Jimmie Johnson. Its cool to here the MT racers names and see where they are today

timmy2424

Sicksand with a few mods you could smoke those cars in your pilot. Why do want one so bad? You can still get parts for a pilot. Out of all my cars I would keep my pilot over anything.

harleys dad

I have a triple eee in my backyard with a 700cc 2 stroke snowmobile engine in it, it was made for district 38 and I swear it is the quickest fastest thing I have driven. 0 to 110 right NOW, the more rpm the faster she goes It is 4 or 5 inches longer than the mickey thompson superlites which it is called a dezert superlite It looks exactly like the Mickey T cars, but It has a 8 gallon tank with 15 inches travel front and rear. I bought it for the sand dunes and have found no ATV or buggy that can stay with it threw the dunes..... and I was going to buy a Pilot LOL

harleys dad

Sicksand with a few mods you could smoke those cars in your pilot. Why do want one so bad? You can still get parts for a pilot. Out of all my cars I would keep my pilot over anything.
You obviously have not driven a triple E like mine or a Mickey T car, Pilot over those MLOLLOL and yes I am still laughing. Bring any and all pilots, I will have a sandwich and a soda when I stop while I Waite for them to get there!!! Sorry, there is no comparison what so ever between a pilot and a triple E or a Briggs Built, smoke them you say?, sorry!

timmy2424

What ever! I won 28 motos in a row with my 500cc pilot. I have beat a drakart with a 700cc ported rotax with 132 hp with the best driver in So caL. driving it. I have beat many other sled powered car. I serious doubt you could hang with my pilot, but bring it out to glenhelen and we will see. But then I could race my hayabusa powered drakart that is the same size as your car and then I would be pulling over to eat a sandwich and about 4 beers waiting for you to finish.

Rocket 450

Im thinking the same thing.Saturday,Saturday,Saturday,Harleys dad vs. Timmy2424.

And Harleys DAD wheres the dang pics of this little hot rod. Youve been teasing us for years,lets see this thing.

SICKSAND

Tim you are probaly right about the pilot and I will keep it but I have always liked the briggs cars..I won't be buying anything right now since Arnold wants to bend us over and take our pay.Bottom line is that I need to do a little tlc to my pilot so I can get back out there with you guys.I have been getting the bug lately,but money has been a big blocker for me.I do agree that Harleys dad would have his hands full in a race inless you are talking about a straight drag?I have raced against Tim a few times and I haven't seen anyone beat him yet.I really hate to say that because I want to be the first to beat him,lol.Theres only one way to find out and I know that Tim will show,what about you mr. Harley?????

norris1040

Those prerunner ROR guys if i remember correctly had an event at the orange show which had a superlite class. there was prob like 10 or so. scott sellers had 2 of them he had Justin Lacore drove the orange rocket. In heat 2 he wadded in the whoop section what a roll over. That was a real cool event too bad there wasnt more events like that. Curt Leduc and Rick Hussman put on a good show also:D

timmy2424

Re: aSuperlites

I was there for that race. I got ran into and got a broken shock in my pilot. My friend Dan destroyed the field in his formula cross Drakart. I also did a demo in my Drakart Tornado (Hayabusa powered) turning the fastest lap of the night. I hope people start showing up with there stadium light what ever brand they are. It the best racing on the track. Usually 3-4 wide in the turns. Very close battles, always a crowd pleaser.

RacerX

What ever! I won 28 motos in a row with my 500cc pilot. I have beat a drakart with a 700cc ported rotax with 132 hp with the best driver in So caL. driving it. I have beat many other sled powered car. I serious doubt you could hang with my pilot, but bring it out to glenhelen and we will see. But then I could race my hayabusa powered drakart that is the same size as your car and then I would be pulling over to eat a sandwich and about 4 beers waiting for you to finish.
The new brigs built will smoke a pilot. A good friend of mine, Todd Wittman, still has his new brigs built with a 500cc in it. It has a pilot bottom end with a CR500 top end. It will out handle a pilot hands down. No pilot can touch, granted he is an amazing driver. I have driven the original briggs superlite and the new brigs built superlite and the new one is night and day difference.The new briggs cars handle awesome. The power to weight ratio on them are crazy. Jimmy Johnson said he considered it the same power to weight ratio as his pro-2. His wife also has a pilot that was reworked by geisers and it works good.

Attachments

SICKSAND

Re: aSuperlites

I was there for that race. I got ran into and got a broken shock in my pilot. My friend Dan destroyed the field in his formula cross Drakart. I also did a demo in my Drakart Tornado (Hayabusa powered) turning the fastest lap of the night. I hope people start showing up with there stadium light what ever brand they are. It the best racing on the track. Usually 3-4 wide in the turns. Very close battles, always a crowd pleaser. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yes that was me that took out Tims shock in the turn,I came in hot as he was grabbing some rear brake.It was totally unintentional but screwed up his night none the less,oh well thats part of racing.That orange rocket t-boned me at the same spot I hit Tim and almost put me over the barrier.That Orange show was a great event and we all had a blast.I miss it and there is some great racing.

SICKSAND

The new brigs built will smoke a pilot. A good friend of mine, Todd Wittman, still has his new brigs built with a 500cc in it. It has a pilot bottom end with a CR500 top end. It will out handle a pilot hands down. No pilot can touch, granted he is an amazing driver. I have driven the original briggs superlite and the new brigs built superlite and the new one is night and day difference.The new briggs cars handle awesome. The power to weight ratio on them are crazy. Jimmy Johnson said he considered it the same power to weight ratio as his pro-2. His wife also has a pilot that was reworked by geisers and it works good.
Bring that car out to Glen Helen and see what it will do?Who built that one,and why did they stop building them?I like the look of them and I would love to see some huge classes again.They are fun as hell to race but it does suck to drive to a race and have only 3 buggies to race against...

stevenelson202

We need all the help we an get to get this class going again. If you have a pilot, stadiumlite, what ever come out and run at Glen Helen. It is an awsome track and Bob is completely behind us and our class if we can get the racers. The last race we had three cars my Briggs Car, a Redline Revolt, and a EEE. My plan is to run every short course race at Glen Helen this season so lets get as many other cars out there as we can. Sounds like Tim and Harleysdad need to settle this on March 21st.

PSWPete

that is todd wittmans briggsbuilt car
That is correct. I had it at my house for a while to do some work on it. Those pictures were from when I took it out to the old ROR track when it was under construction. Todd's wife has a Pilot that was built by Geiser with the same 500cc motor and power steering. The super lite will destroy it. The pilots are great as long as you don't need to turn. It is too bad Briggs stopped building the superlites. I have driven the older style and the newer one is far superior. Todd has the car back in Arizona now. Maybe it is time to bring his fleet of cars back out.

SICKSAND

Maybe you could contact him and let him know of the interest?I would like to see that new car run at a track,does he run nowadays or is it just sitting in a garage?