SuperMotocross World Championship

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Anyone else think this is kinda crazy? I thought it was dumb at first, but after watching an explanation video I am getting on board. (Not that my opinion matters one bit)

Advertising supports this site

m_martin53

RDC Crypto
kind of cool,but first they all need to work on a dam tv package
This should open the opportunity for both series to be on one platform. Whether or not that platform will work is TBD…

I listened to Steve Matthes’ reaction podcast about this series. Still not 100% clear on everything but it seems like it will be cool. Something different at least. It’ll be awesome to see racing back in the coliseum for sure.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Like mentioned in the video I linked, I think they need to shorten Supercross and Motocross a few races so riders are healthy enough to compete in this additional series. To be at the top of the game you must be in tip top shape and injury free. It seems like every year we see one or two of the top guys dropping back due to injuries. And to sustain that level of fitness for so long can lead to injuries also.

I do think that much like the Monster Energy Cup, the tracks will be geared more to Supercross since they will be in venues like the Coliseum or Nascar tracks.

m_martin53

RDC Crypto
Like mentioned in the video I linked, I think they need to shorten Supercross and Motocross a few races so riders are healthy enough to compete in this additional series. To be at the top of the game you must be in tip top shape and injury free. It seems like every year we see one or two of the top guys dropping back due to injuries. And to sustain that level of fitness for so long can lead to injuries also.

I do think that much like the Monster Energy Cup, the tracks will be geared more to Supercross since they will be in venues like the Coliseum or Nascar tracks.
Mx is dropping one race. Dropping that race along with no more monster cup makes it only a race longer. And they will have a couple more breaks throughout the whole season. I think that was their view on that.

Riders are going to get hurt no matter how many races. Guys get hurt during the week at the practice track. But I see your point.

With guys who are going to end up going to the world sx series we may see some thinning of talent but I believe most will stay here. We might see a couple top level guys go but I doubt we see any young top guys go. And the spots that open up from people leaving will just open more spots for riders trying to make it in the states.

Advertising supports this site

PBR

RDC Crypto
I think it's a win for everyone (except for the new World SX people).

On the Steve Matthes podcast they had Feld and MX Sports on, the thing that stood out to me is that they can now promote the sport as one series to outsiders that don't know the difference between SX and MX. It's a huge opportunity to bring in outside money. Win Win.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Anyone who has a solid ride in the states isn’t going anywhere. It seems more like an opportunity for euros to get a shot at being a supercross star, as well as maybe a guy that cracks top tens here in the states to run up front.

It will take a great production on their part as well as good racing in order to compete with what we have here. “SuperMotocross” is a shyt name to start with. Anyone in the sport would shake their head at that.