Support Malcom Smith!

Deenracing

Reaction
This was sent to me in an e-mail, not sure if this was on this forum or not but I thought that I should share it with all of you. Malcom on the hook for selling bikes that contain lead. I will let the video tell the rest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GccGJPzKU"]YouTube - Malcolm's Protest[/ame]

What a load of CRAP! Major guts for all those involed.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
That's America!

In support of him, im going to go ride right now. (im a minor)

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Malcom Smith for President !!!!!
What a STUPID law!

ultrablew

Reaction
That video belongs on the list of awesome!

xjchaser

Reaction
This is so stupid why do they think kids are gonna eat their bikes I mean are you kidding me what person in their right mind thinks that this is going to happen. Malcom thank you for your contributions to our sport, shame on us for electing these yahoo's who support this B.S. I am ashamed of the current state of our nation. Please support him with whatever you can, If there is a Lawyer out there that rides or loves off-roading please get involved. OK I am going to stop my ranting now (maybe to much Bacardi and coke) :D:confused::eek:

ultrablew

Reaction
I don't think that this law was meant to ban the sell of childrens bikes. (I could be wrong). The stem of the problem related to toys that were made for children containing toxic amounts of lead and/or lead paint. (Mostly being imported.) I think though that it was conveinently brought to attention that children sized bikes have lead containing parts. I don't disagree with the law for toys, it helps protect young children (the ones that put EVERYTHING in their mouths). How do we get them to exclude bikes from it is the question.

Wild bill

Reaction
This lead law is really a f-up. Our local motocross track holds the NMA grand national motocross event in August. We are expecting 1/3 less riders because of this law. Our local state rep. is involved in the motorcross and he is doing all he can to get support to repeal this law. EVERYONE needs to contact their federal rep or senator and get his law repealed.

Deenracing

Reaction
I wounder if other people were following Malcom's lead and were-are tring to fight the MAN! Thanks for posting that ^^^^^. It's a good law with good intentions but the effects are to general. I wouldn't want kids, babies putting things in there mouth that contain lead, but come on rule makers get a clue! When has there ever been a case that a child tried to eat a moto bike. Limit the law for it's purpose!