Surgery

Ziggy

Anyone ever have a "Total Ankle Replacement" surgery done?

I had to have one done last week and would like to know if anyone in our racing community ever had one done?
Thanks

SteveS

Not a replacement, but reconstructed heal and arch. things might have gone better if i would have listend to the doc. your body will tell you if you are doing to much, but if you dont do enough to keep things moving you will pay for it stay off the pain meds just use when necessary. watch the color of your leg for streeks and plan on two different shoe sizes Good luck

LoveZRaces

Listen to your body & the doctors as difficult as it is!!! I've had my share of broken bones & didn't necessarily listen to the docs and I pay for it:eek:!! My dad as well, he even went as far as cutting off one of his casts- Don't Do it! Just be patient!! You'll be back racing in no time! ;)

Ziggy

Ekkk:eek:! Just check out the pictures... How are you feeling??

All I can say is Thank God for painkillers.
I did what the doc ordered and kept my ankle propped up for 8 days and there has been no swelling to speak of.The general anasthetic kicked my arse but I'm on the mend now .A few more days of resting and I will be able to get up and around for most of the day.The pain has been subsiding daily and I can feel the new ankle working with none of the previous pain.I have some extensive physio coming up but by the end of June the doc says I will be back to normal.
Thx for asking.

Martin

I have a foot that is wrecked but my ankle is ok wish they had total foot replacement.

Ziggy

Ankle on the mend.Walking and more importantly,I drove and tested the truck today.It rocked and was flawless.
Feels good to be behind the wheel again.:D:D:D

Attachments

9Iron

Looking Good!!!
Glad to hear you are out and about making dust, running the truck.
Hope to see you lined up at the starting line soon!

Ziggy

Rode 3 miles today and walked a mile and a half yesterday evening.Its coming nicely.