Surgery

Ziggy

Reaction
Anyone ever have a "Total Ankle Replacement" surgery done?

I had one done last week and was wondering if anyone else in the racing community had ever had one?

Thanks

randy s

Reaction
my dad and another person i know had complete knee replacement surgery but not ankle. very painful but worth it in the long run. good luck to you. let us know how it's working out for you.

MALIBLOC

Reaction
tell us about it.

ultrablew

Reaction
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Keep us updated on progress please.

Ziggy

Reaction
its called a "tornier implant".
They basically gut the ankle joint and replace it with this device.
Even though its agony right now, I already can feel the difference.I had zero movement before and now have a full range of motion.I will be able to wear sandles and normal shoes soon for the 1st time in years.
Pictures to follow.
Thanks

randy s

Reaction
so this means you'll be ready for the olympic sprint trials right? how long did you have your problem before deciding on the surgery?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
its called a "tornier implant".
They basically gut the ankle joint and replace it with this device.
Even though its agony right now, I already can feel the difference.I had zero movement before and now have a full range of motion.I will be able to wear sandles and normal shoes soon for the 1st time in years.
Pictures to follow.
Thanks

Been putting a similar surgery off for years and years. I need a complete ankle/lower foot replacement, they want to replace it all with cadaver bone. When I was 18 I had surgery and it was botched, they ended up fusing my ankle and left me with no movement in my foot and in pain all day everyday. They say a cast for 8 months and then major rehab, thus why I have put it off.

Ziggy

Reaction
Been putting a similar surgery off for years and years. I need a complete ankle/lower foot replacement, they want to replace it all with cadaver bone. When I was 18 I had surgery and it was botched, they ended up fusing my ankle and left me with no movement in my foot and in pain all day everyday. They say a cast for 8 months and then major rehab, thus why I have put it off.

I will keep you updated

Ziggy

Reaction

Check out the ''tornier ankle".
Day 7 .Pain is at 2
Day 3 pain was at 8.

Like you before operation pain was all day every day at 10.
They are telling me I will be walking normally within 8 weeks.:D:D

Ziggy

Reaction
These pice are not for the faint hearted

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 132

Ziggy

Reaction
:)
Is that a pain pump catheter I see?

:):)I wish,that would have been nice.I had one in my IV at the hsp and could have morphine every 6 mins.

Went home with pain pills and actually the pain has been managable as long as I dont miss any pills.

Martin

Reaction
I have 6 screw/ bolts in my left foot holding my talus, Navicular, and calcaneus together. I need to do something about the pain I live with everyday. Is there lower ankle replacement?

Ziggy

Reaction
I have 6 screw/ bolts in my left foot holding my talus, Navicular, and calcaneus together. I need to do something about the pain I live with everyday. Is there lower ankle replacement?

Yea.After 8 days I can tell the difference.The tissue pain is gone and now I have bone pain but all the previous pain is gone.
Check out "tornier.com

Ziggy

Reaction
Before and after:D:D

Attachments

• image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 113

mattb

Reaction
Definitely a bullet wound or some other high velocity projectile type injury. Notice that the accilles tendon is still intact, but the tibia and fibula and destroyed?