susp. for 4wd 92 Toy

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Sorry if That was confusing, Run the rear upper tube in behind the coil, and if as long as it is not twisted after it is welded it should have no problem cycling, if the tube is moved J arm style it will be too much angle to be of any help, if ran behind it should still clear the fire wall, Let me think some more on this, if can't be that hard.

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I work for Laegers and that is all I do, from race chassis to hill shooter swing arms. I am sorry to say that no one makes arms for the LT 500, reason, they are already way wide and too heavy for racing aplication, as well as no real demand for them, but we do make swing arms for them. I own an 87 LT 500 and I am in the process of making arms for it at my shop because we don't have a jig at workso I must make one.

dunerking

Reaction
Drtdevil I think you have read about the set-up I'm looking to do,in your view what would be the ideal set-up for my situation?I don't plan on racing in a class or anything just would like something so I can meet some of you guys out at Octo or go to Dove Springs,go have some fun,not break anything,and not have to wear a kidney belt.We are still talking about the rar susp.The front I plan on the Total Chaos Caddy,but that Amplified coilover set-up does sound tempting if it is true.Thanks for the info.

AcidRain,I know the only people out there making those arms is Lonestar but they are claiming a price of $799 without shocks,OUCH! If you are making a set, double that order up.I'll be on a set for sure.How long are you going to go with those,I was thinking +2,but you are the pro.A swingarm would be sweet your guys stuff is top notch.What do think +1 or +2 on a swing arm,I'm not much of a hill shooter,but I do love to haul azz through those beautiful sand dunes!Thanks for help.

hit it hard

drtdevil93

Reaction
for the frontend id say go with the total chaos setup. dont go near ATS, you'll get screwed over. for the rear, you can go with a bolt-in prerunner pack or a 62" long-travel spring. theres also a couple trucks out there that have successfully stuffed 3 or 4 links under a bed. something to consider. the front is a pretty simple decision, but the rear there are a lot of different options, it all depends what you want to do with it, and how much you are willing to spend to do it.

erik

dunerking

Reaction
Copy that on the Total Chaos front end,wish I could go with the coilovers though.Called over to Ampified Performance about the tip on the coilover kit they were building,but he mentioned that the sand cars and 2wd stuff was keeping him to busy to worry about R&Ding a coilover kit,oh well worth the try.
As far as the rear goes all I want to be able to do is haul my quad down to Glamis,that's it.From there sky the limit.Would consider going with the 62" springs again.Checked out the rar set-up that Amp Perf. had going on,I would go with something like that,but you had mentioned about to much angle on the shocks not being good,so where does that leave me?The low towers looked pretty appealing,what is your view?The 3 or 4 link just sounds a little eo expensive for my daily driver,would be sweet though.Not to mention the front won't be coilover,not like it matters,right?Willing to spend the right amount of money for the right set-up.Thanks Erik!
By the way,do you happen to work at Deaver?

hit it hard

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
The way the jigs are setup is that you can have it as long as you want. As far as I know we have a +4 swing arm for the bike already made and powdered yellow that just sits there, not sure if i want it or not, I would run it and I don't shoot hills all the time, I like ruff and fast. If you are interested in the arms then I will get to a crackin on them.

drtdevil93

Reaction
yes, i work at deaver. my main thing there is building the race and custom springs, doing general installs and spring work, and doing a little bit of supervising of the other workers. i try to stay away from the office and the phones and paperwork, and that crap. i think it would be possible to get about 15" with the shocks under the bed, it wouldnt be the best motion ratio in the world, but it would work.

erik

dunerking

Reaction
Just seen a guy advertising a Total Chaos balljoint kit for $1500,is that a fair price?What will it take to mount a 2.5 shock?Should I run the Total Chaos weld on 2.5 shock hoop or should I take it some where?Which shock should I run King,SAW,Bilstein?What length shock 8" or 10"?I guess that would all depend on the shock tower,right?What about the torsions standard or 300m?What length torsions?Sorry about dragging this post on forever but getting some great info.Thanks for all the help.
P.S. should I maybe think about a bypass instead for the front?
Thanks Erik for the help with my 2wd toyota.Ihad brought in a pair of Nationals that you or Jeff message for me,ended up working out great,thanks again.That set-up that your talking about would be what I'm most likely end up liking to do.Can I set that up through you guys?
hit it hard

dunerking

Reaction
Damn first it was the LT-500 A-arms now it is the Total Chaos front kit!I feel like a fish on the end of a line.What gives,why are you selling the kit?Going bigger?Sounds like you have all of the kit,bushings,jam nuts,tie rod extensions,brake lines,bump stops,sleeves?Do you have the T-100 axles?Frame truss?Torsion bars?Are the lower arms set-up to run a 2.5 shock?Do you have the weld on shock tower for the 2.5?
Sorry about the 20 questions,should I just give a call.If so what is the best time to get a hold of you?Very interested in the kit,especially after hearing from all the heads out there.Let me know.

hit it hard