suspension kit for 99 chevy full size

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
i am doing some hunting for a good lift kit for 99 chevy ext cab 2 wheel drive what do you guys like!

Ryno

Reaction
Supertrucks has a badass kit with coilovers. They say 15" with glass. They do excellent engineering. The next step down I'd say would be H&M. CST is $$$, but there is no comparison to anything else I have seen.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

blind655

Reaction
I second that, CST long travel kits are bad ass. My CST arms have been great!

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
This is a pic of our new kit for the Siverado.This kit will be available soon. It has a REAL 16" of usable travel with 35" tires. The kit will cycle a clean 19" but the fender wells are the limiting factor.

Ryno

Reaction
Jerry-

thanks for making me (edit) my shorts. Wow...I think I need to go truck shopping tomorrow.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

BigD

Reaction
whats the price estimate looking like jerry??? just curious...

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The upper Arms, lower arms, spindles / uprights, and steering arms. 8x 1" uni balls, 2x 3/4" rod ends, and 6 x 7/8" rodends, and all the 17-4 spacers. $3400.00
This price is not yet set in stone. This price is for the parts only not installed.

rdc

Reaction
that is an awesome set up jerry it looks great how long till it is ready to go and how much would the install be off had would have to come from vegas to get it done 1 day turn around or what

Volcom1095

Reaction
now if you only made one for a 4wd. with 16" of usable travel. i have the rcd kit on and 35s and i think im getting a whooping 4" of usable travel.

bajaboy

Reaction
Hey Jerry ,

Do you guys have a long travel kit for the 98 and older full size 2wd chevy's ? Any bolt on kit with coilovers for that year out there too ?

Bajaboy

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
bajaboy--
Hey check out this site. It looks like a cool kit but I havent seen it up close.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blackmarketfab.com/page3.html>http://www.blackmarketfab.com/page3.html</A>
Also talk with <font color=yellow>blind655</font color=yellow> on this board he runs the CST kit with coilovers on his Suburban.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I too run 4wd with the RCD kit and 35's and would kill for somebody to make a kit with more wheel travel! Help us!!

See ya in the dirt!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
too bad that place is in Nevada!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

rdc

Reaction
I have the 4x4 RCD kit with 35" tires (HORRIBLE KT) and I get a whooping 6" of travel I just shaved the bumpstops alittle and my upper control arms hit the frame perch enough to bend it which gave me about 1/2" of travel WOW. I also removed the sway bar. No balljoint problems or cv bind because I have the fantastic torsion bars so loose. Now only if i could control the horrible bounce it might be enjoyable to drive. Wish I had $7000 to convert it to a coilover long travel 4x4.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Looks kinda scary

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

blind655

Reaction
I don't know if the tires supposed to do that

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Kartek_Webman

Reaction
All Right heres the real deal on Chevy Kits.

88-98 2WD Fullsize
First, with the coil bucket being integrated into the frame, it would never be possible to setup a "bolt-on" coilover setup correctly. Even if you made a hoop and ran a coilover shock to the upper arm, you would have several balljoint and frame problems. We have a couple customers complaining about the balljoints wearing out very fast on that dual shock mount setup on the upper control arm. That's because a lot of stress and weight is put on the balljoint that it wasn't designed for. Running a coilover shock through the frame (where the shock used to go) is strong enough to cut and run a 2.5" coilover but even then the shock needs to angle slightly through the travel and may hit the sides. Mike's Burban is setup like this and it looks like he took his time. Looking at his website, he's had his share of common chevy problems. The right way to do it is how H&M set it up, where they cut out the frame and plate it in. Just like the 98 Rangers. This way the shock has nothing to interfer with. We carry the CST bolt-on long travel kit but it still only cycles 11.5-12" of travel. I need to talk to Chris and get the ball rolling on a uniball uppers and lowers.

99-02 2WD Fullsize
This factory design is a lot easier to work with as the coil bucket is welded to the frame. Easily removable. After that your options are wide open. Jerry's kit is obliviously the best yet. Boxed lower is definitely the way to go. If you want to install it yourself, CST offers the weld-on coilover hoop with there kit which is very easy to install. 15" of travel. Still balljoint though but double sheer mounts at least. Adds some strength but definitely not jumping or race worthy. Rides good on the street and aligns perfect. Uniball may be available soon.

88-98 4WD Fullsize
Drop Brackets!!!! Yuk! Look for a bolt on coil over kit within the next 6 months. We will be doing some heavy R&D work as we are getting ready to open our in-house machine shop within the next couple months. We will probably make a 930 CV adapter and custom 300M axles for the truck. Right now its back burner cause we've been way busy and don't have time to take on new projects. Definitely something to get going, lots of these trucks are crying for long travel.

Overall, there are decent kits out there but they are really meant for trucks that see the dirt once and a while and not for people with a heavy foot. Just my 2 cents.

Scott

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kartek.com>KARTEK</A>
<font color=red>The Source for Off-Road!</font color=red>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kartek_Webman on 07/17/02 05:57 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What about new model ford 4wd "long travel" kits!!!!!

See ya in the dirt!