Suspension tuning help

Shawnk

Is the front a 5/8" or 7/8" shaft? SAW shocks I think have a threaded bleed hole ? You should have two bleed holes open in the rear. Rear valving, SAW uses 4 shims? If so, you may be able to remove one.
Remove one from compression and rebound, or one from compression, or one from rebound?

Shawnk

There are 4 places on the piston for bleed holes some are drilled and tapped so you can plug them if needed. If they are not drilled, use a 3/32 drill which is used for a 4-40 tap.

Yes 60comp 40reb.

How much preload on the rear springs?
Would a 7/64 drill bit for 6-32 be to large? Instead of 3/32 for a 4-40.

partybarge_pilot

You might be able to fit that, I'm not at home too look at a piston right now.

It will flow more so you won't need as many open.

partybarge_pilot

Ok, this is the rebound side of a 2.0 piston, you can see the spots for the 4 bleed holes. One is drilled on this one. Brain fade, I measured the holes at .106 which is the drill size for a 6-32. So there is your answer. You probably only have 1 drilled, drill 2 more and see how it does.

Attachments

Shawnk

Ok, this is the rebound side of a 2.0 piston, you can see the spots for the 4 bleed holes. One is drilled on this one. Brain fade, I measured the holes at .106 which is the drill size for a 6-32. So there is your answer. You probably only have 1 drilled, drill 2 more and see how it does.
Thank you. Work has been busy for me. Haven't been able to work on this project. This weekend is looking promising though.