Swapping to a 302, curious on which vehicles I should search for

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
I have a 94 ford 4.0 so I should technically get a 94 or newer, even though i just got my truck smog and by the end of next year I dont expect to drive it on the street.

How much should I expect to spend? should I search junk yards or private owners?

I plan to go to the c4-c6 route so will any vehicle have that to so i can get it all or do i need to acquire from two vehicles.

gunit

Reaction
Buy a 5.0 out of a 97-01 Explorer. They have GT40 heads and MAF. They can make good power and still pass smog. There is one for sale with 39000 mi at a local JY here in Phoenix for $700 complete.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Are you planning on keeping your truck smog legal?

Giant Geoff

Reaction
I’m selling a 5.0 mustang with low miles for $1700? This way you know it runs good because you can rip it around for some little time before you swap it. Junk yard one you’re rolling the dice.

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
87-95 Mustang or 5.0 explorer.

Truck motors have a tall intake and don't fit as well in a ranger.

Lincoln LS-C has a H.O. 5.0 just like a Mustang.

Get 94 or newer if you want to street legal it.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Reaction
the plan is street legal... hey geoff what year is the mustang miles? some guy has a 94 gt told me to come pick the car up 400, but im not quite ready to do the swap

philofab