SWAYAWAY AIR BUMP OVERHAUL

im looking for info on oil levels. my bump stops were leaking, i got new seal kits for em. i dont know how much oil to put back in them. the level that was in them when i opened them up is 7 inches down from the top of the can. seems real low to me. do you fill it up like a shock, an inch from the top?? i wouldnt think so because the shaft is so thick that if it was full there would be no room to displace the oil. do you fill it up half way???. please help me. thanks

orvacian

My Sway-a-way bump stops were leaking oil slowly, then I had new updated seals put in them and it fixed the slow leak. Now they leak oil much better and faster. I will never buy another sway-a-way product that contains oil again.

hahahaha, thats a funny post, aaron. i think thats why they call them "leak-a-way". mine never leaked untill i beat my truck up in near sub-zero temps in barstow last winter. but seriously, does anyone know the oil level they should contain???? im stuck with the bumps for now so i need to fix em.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

if you call SAW it will take for ever just call Camburg they rebuild them all the time and will know the exact oil level...714-848-8880 ask for Jerry and if he isnt there ask the guy to go in back and get you the answer!...Mike

Donahoe

There is a complete new seal package availble for the saw air bumps. We just finished all the testing on them on Turners 7 truck. You can get them at Kartek or Mckenzies. Just make sure you get the new seals. After 4 races on Turners truck not a drop leaked.

ahhhhhh, thank you craig. finally a concrete answer!!! thats exactly what i was looking for. and speaking of the new seals. there is one green one that is WAY bigger than the other one and it dosent fit very well. can you explane this?? its thicker and a larger diameter.

Dylan

The new seal kit with one green and one small seal is for a new seal housing (the thread in red anodized part)
You can’t put the new seals in the old housing, you need to get the new one it has a larger upper groove for the green seal but otherwise looks very similar.
When you get the new housing make sure you get it with a new shaft bushing ”DU bearing” already pressed in because you won’t be able to get your old one out without destroying it.
If you have any Q’s you can give me a call at Donahoe Racing 714-632-3033

Dylan

hey dylan, how much is that new red anozided part with the bigger seal bore and new bushing? and do you guys got 2 of them over at your shop?

Dylan

We don’t have any in stock but I’m guessing there around $35 each but I’m not sure.
You can probably get those at Kartec.