Swine flu & narco violence? Didn't see any at the 500.

TecateRay

Reaction
All the prerace hype seemed to be about problems in Baja like the Swine Flu and the narco violence. All the post race hype seems to be about the penalties. Did anyone just have a good time? I did! I was there for 8 days supporting some prerunners, drove several hundred miles on "lonely" Baja roads, ate in lots of restaurants and I didn't have any problems with the flu or the narcos or the Federales or the dreaded "turistas". Matter of fact, nobody in my group got sick or arrested or shot.

I have to admit that when I hooked up with the Baja Fools later in the week there were a few hangovers on Friday morning, but that was the worst of it.

I say it is time we put out some good "press" about Baja and let folks know you can still have a good time down there. That should help the businesses we frequent and SCORE get more people down south so we can keep having fun! Spread the word!:D

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
I didn't see anything either but hopefully I didn't catch anything at the bars! LOL

randy s

Reaction
had the time of my life. can't wait til november.

M

memin.pinguine

I say it is time we put out some good "press" about Baja and let folks know you can still have a good time down there. That should help the businesses we frequent and SCORE get more people down south so we can keep having fun! Spread the word!:D

...that's about time.... :cool: More power to you!!

mexgamer

Reaction
you know that the media just say the bad things... and say things are worse than what they really are, i dont hear the news anymore because of that, if go to the internet and and look for more sources of information to make my own conclusion... :) ;)

FIGGY

Reaction
if one person says hey there was a shootin at baja with one death, and tells another person, then the next person says yeah there was a shooting and a couple people died. then the next person assumes yeah there was a shootin and cops were involved and so on and so.. when there was only one death. yeah it couldve been a narco shootin 4 all we know, but yeah narcos = gangs its the same thing its a gang, theres shooting everyday in the states in LA san bernadino were crime rates are high you here about shootings in LA and news would say oh its gang related but what you still see thousands of people there, you never hear people say oh dont go to LA cuz thers drug wars goin on and shootings and roberies, gang wars are the same thing as a drug cartel war, there fighting for territory. i glad everything is going good at baja especially the races, and you know what i cant wait till 1000 in nov. the thing i tell people jus follow the rules be aware of trafic signs and watch were you go cuz if you go looking for trouble trust me youll get it. viva baja!!!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I had the time of my life too but there was a pretty forceful narco arrest at tech that kartman tookphotos of. Guns and all.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
There was a pretty good little gang fight that broke out during contigency where the band was playing. It was rather entertaining. Mostly kids throwing rocks at each other. Nothing I didn't see during my high school years in Oceanside. LOL

Other than that, it was a very pleasurable experience and I cannot wait for the 1000

Torchmate

Reaction
We had a ball! Everyone was nothing but friendly to us. Tried to get off the course around mile 12 or so during prerun and had to give the farmer guy $1 to let me through his gate. It was well worth it. Somebody roosted the guy right in front of us, so I didn't feel to bad kicking down a little. I will be back over and over! I too cannot wait for the 1000.

Laurie

Reaction
The only problem we had was having gasoline put in our diesel tank out of a diesel pump.

Chas Moore

Reaction
I had fun. Downtown SD is sketchier then Ensenada.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
??????? what did you do or should I say what did it do????

the pemex made a mistake, the station where they filled up had gas in the diesel pumps, on the line the chase truck didnt have power, when they cross the border they pulled over to check out the truck, they found they had gas in the fuel water separator