How Many Laps for Class 9 at MORE 500?

• 6 Laps (396 Miles)

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • 7 Laps (462 Miles)

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

racer951

Reaction
The course has bet set at approximately 66 miles per lap. Realitistically we won't be doing 8 laps (528 miles) as I suspect the big cars will do. Assuming they run 8, how many do you think we should run: 6 or 7?

Last edited:

Polarcub

Reaction
I would like to see as close to 500 as possible and should be starting in the first group 45 min ahead of the faster classes.

ACME

Reaction
The last the FASTEST Class 9 ran only 2 laps at approx 40mph during daylight, in perfect conditions (slight wind etc... most laps were notably slower than a 40mph average). FYI: 462 miles @ 40 MPH is 11 hrs 55 mins and 396 miles at 40mph is @ 10 hours. Keep in mind to keep a swinger running that long the winners will not be running at 200 mile sprint race speeds...

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
We need to understand what the time limit is for sure too.
MORE has it listed 2PM to 2am.
We need to find out what the time is to be able to start a last lap.
I agree with Jeff's numbers.
That 7th lap would be hard to make on time based on what the time limit says so far in my view.
If 2am is the last time to start a new lap and a 14 hour cut off then we could make a long ass race for sure and I am in for that too.
I did vote for 6 laps and I think that will be 10 hours plus fuel and driver stops. Maybe a 10 1/2 hour race with no issues for a good finish?

mrmatt

Reaction
As much as I would like to see 7 laps, I think that 6 is more practical.

justplainnate

Reaction
i voted for 6 laps which is still a pretty long time in the cars and an even longer time for everyone working the pits and the checkpoints and what-not. plus the faster we get this race over with, the faster we all get to start drinking, right ffffrancis?

9rocky

Reaction
You all need to quit being wussys. Man up, and go for 7 laps!!!:D

9rocky

Reaction
Kevi, I know where there's a swinger looking for a third, you wanna man up??? ;)
I don't think the swingers have enough HP to push my fat butt around, but I am game. Can you run a torque converter?

ACME

Reaction
I know one team looking into this as they've had issues with 72 H.P. of pissed off VW... It's the same guys we talked about with the fuel injected carb and the variable timing electronic ignition.

johnnyb985

Reaction
We need to understand what the time limit is for sure too.
MORE has it listed 2PM to 2am.
We need to find out what the time is to be able to start a last lap.
I agree with Jeff's numbers.
That 7th lap would be hard to make on time based on what the time limit says so far in my view.
If 2am is the last time to start a new lap and a 14 hour cut off then we could make a long ass race for sure and I am in for that too.
I did vote for 6 laps and I think that will be 10 hours plus fuel and driver stops. Maybe a 10 1/2 hour race with no issues for a good finish?
also voted for 6 laps 396 miles should be perfect.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Do you all want me to send a note to MORE about laps run? or just let them figure it out? 6 laps seem to be the number that I saw here, and on the MORE forum from a 9 driver and the 7s truckers.