Switching it up a bit...King of France - Ultra4 Europe

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Yeah, I know, Desert Forum. I thought you would like to see racing where it is green :)

We have been racing in Europe for 7 years. This was our first time at this location in France. Half way between Lyon France and Geneva Switzerland.

The racers have made the transition from stockish Winch Challenge cars to full blown Ultra4 cars. This course was the second of the five race series and was shorter and more technical than most.

Five count of one hour long heats over 2 days. The leaders were doing 11 minute laps of woods and rocks.

Here is a video made by one of our Polish Teams. Next up Wales, then Portugal and finishing in Poland.

AZFR8TRAIN

Red vest 339 here. Dave will know what that means. Just wanted to say thank you for taking your off road racing all over the globe. Something cool about seeing someone in France wearing a king shock hat. Great vid looks like they know how to send it.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
One thing Ive learned in my fortunate travels...offroaders are all the same, some just jave funnier accents. Especially Kentucky.

Ive heard two sayings..

Good roads bring bad people...Bad roads bring good people.

And I was fortunate to be a guest at a dinner in China sitting with the President of the ASO (Dakar) and the race director of the Silk Way Rally. One of them said "no matter where I go, race cars speak the same language"

Not sure what is crazier, racing across bridges in Portugal built in 700 AD or having random bartenders in Croatia finding out you are from the states asking if Ive heard of King of the Hammers.

Sorry to go all Bob Yen on you guys

Crusty Shellback

Not sure what is crazier, racing across bridges in Portugal built in 700 AD or having random bartenders in Croatia finding out you are from the states asking if Ive heard of King of the Hammer

That right there is funny $h!t!

Shoyrtt

Very cool Dave! Any chance that you had a Knoll/FOJV buggy sighting over there? It was sold a few years ago and shipped over to France. Keep up the awesome work!

Attachments