Swordfishing over the last few weeks. Some pictures

Brice

Reaction
Built a plank/a-frame for the boat last winter. so far we have stuck 3. 425, 250, and 450

$$$ total so far is 4250

this is just a hobby for the owner. he sticks i spot/drive

Brice

Reaction
Thanks. We are about 12 miles from Mission Bay (San Diego) in most of the pictures

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
You go fishing with swords? How does that work out for ya???:rolleyes::D:):p

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
Looks like fun.....I would kind of feel like bait, on the end of that plank:)

dezertrat82

Reaction
So Brice when are you going to hook up a buddy. Just joking!! Hit me up one of these days to hang out like the old days.

jim_moulton

Reaction
I have a lot more respect for people that catch and release these awesome fish!

KGM Racing

Reaction
Thanks. We are about 12 miles from Mission Bay (San Diego) in most of the pictures
Thats Awesome!! We are in San Diego on mission beach for the month of june and always get 3 to 4 good trips in. Looks like fun :D

Brice

Reaction
I have a lot more respect for people that catch and release these awesome fish!

okay. like who? name one person that has actually caught(hook and line) and then released a swordfish on the west coast

i'm guessing you don't eat fish or any meat for that matter. who would eat something and not respect the person that put it on the table for them? especially in a way that that produces ZERO by-catch (no sharks, marlin ect) as opposed to long-lining/gill netting.

"yes, i'll have the swordfish platter. but please tell the owner of the restaurant that i don't respect him or the fisherman that caught it for me"

mattb

Reaction
Here it comes... "I didn't say I didn't respect people that do that... I just have MORE repsect for people that catch and release...." Ugh.

If that's the case. Please do us all a favor and just don't respond. Just appreciate that these guys went out and caught some gigantic fish. Thats what this thread was all about.

Thanks for the pics. Catch and release is cool too, but we can't do it with everything, every time.

Brice

Reaction
it's funny because if this guy knew anything about me he would know that i fish several marlin/sailfish release tournaments a year releasing (on average) 100 fish a year.

have you ever bought tuna from a grocery store/fish market? Unless it says hook and line below, it is from one of the many purse seiners who literally RAPE our oceans. but now i'm ranting.

I can count on my hand the number of people that have hook-and-lined swords over the last few years. guess what? they all died as well. and you guys didn't get to eat any of those ;)

here is some marlin/sailfish C&R for you

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/brice619/Cabo WCBRT 2007/

And some shark C&R

pooz911

Reaction
My uncle is working on his 3rd IGFA Billfish Royal Slam to catch all nine species of marlin. I believe there is only one other person in the world who has been able to have two IGFA Billfish Royal Slams.

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
Reaction
Good job on the C&R on the tailhooked shark

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
Reaction
and a little love for you mattb

its not us private boaters that are killing off the ocean, its the flippin sainers with their spotter planes and huge nets that are taking all of our fish! :mad:

NICE FISH BRICE

baja619

Reaction
Partaking in what God has provided, is nothing more selfish than taking a deep breath of fresh air.

On that note Bryce, when and where can I come by for a Swordfish Steak?

steelman

Reaction
Brice,
What is the length/make of your boat? I am in the market but can only find them on the East Coast. Thx.