SWRA Stock car racing to add sidexsides

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The South West Racing Association of the Imperial Valley has added sidexsidea & Trophy Karts to it's Stockcar racing program. the next race is October 17, 2009. For more info contact Aaron Mari @: 760-356-2442.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The big event for the stockcars is a 2 day event the Thanksgiving weekend. They will be racing Trophy Karts & sidexsides again. Friday November 27th the pitgate opens @ 2:30 P.M. the racing starts @ 6:00 P.M. Saturday November 28th the pitgate opens @ 10:30 A.M. with racing starting @ 2:00 P.M. It cost $40 per day for driver & racecar. It costs $40 per pit person per day.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
SWRA Stockcar Racing Association announces their 2010 season that includes Trophy Karts & Sidexsides.
January 23, 2010
February 13, 2010
March 20th & 21st Evans/Armstrong Memorial Race
April 10, 2010
Summer Break
October 2, 2010
October 16, 2010
November 6, 2010
November 26th & 27th, 2010 The Wlid Turkey Classic
Except for the 2 day events the Pit gate opens @ 2:00 P.M. & racing starts @ 6:00 P.M.
Driver & car is $40
Pit crew members are $40
You can join SWRA for $50 a year & you will receive a $5 discount @ every race plus you will be legible for points fund money @ the end of the year.

Hope some sidexsides race this coming season. I know the Trophy Karts will be well repesented.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
This Saturday is the first race of the season (the January 23rd race was rained out)
The pit gate opens @ 2:00 P.M. & the races start @ 5:30 P.M. I hope to see some sidexsides this time as well as the trophy karts.
It will be cold here Saturday night but the action will be hot..

Dirty*

Reaction
Oh Yea,

I love the people down in your town. Im sure the race will be fun and action packed!! Thanks for the updates Ronnie G.... And tell all the folks i said Hi.

Ken Johnson

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
Oh Yea,

I love the people down in your town. Im sure the race will be fun and action packed!! Thanks for the updates Ronnie G.... And tell all the folks i said Hi.

Ken Johnson

You got it Ken. I think with the ITP Series, The Perris Races & the Arizona races this weekend, that there will probably won't be very many racers here.

RahraH

Reaction
all of you sxs come out have some good fun racing. all pit passes are $40 driver or crew member. really looking to have some utv's come join us and race. next race is a two day show, thats two days of racing for the trip down. check out the website which is under construction but should have some info http://www.swraracing.net/
the race dates are march 20 and 21 at 5:30 and 2:00 on sunday. hope to see some people thier.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
If you need more info call me @ 760-352-0793 or PM me. We really would like to have a lot of sidexsides & Stadium Karts racing.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
I was just elected to the 5 member board of the SWRA. We really would like to get the offroad community involved in the races @ the IV Expo. The stockcar races are fun but I know a bigger crowd shows up for offroad races. We have a Stadium Kart track in the infield that the racers seem to like. We need more Stadium Karts & Sidexsides. Please if you want to race or just come out to spectate come to the big 2 day event March 20th & 21st. We are looking for sponsors to get involved so if you are interested contact me RWGOLDEN@IID.COM OR 760-554-8417. I really want to see this succeed, but we need a lot of help. Thanks Ronnie G.

RahraH

Reaction
just about a week away from great racing. Hope all you UTV's decide to come out and dice it up on the two day event. Two great days of racing, pit passes are $40 a day and the stands are $8, can't beat that. So hope all you UTV show up and have fun. if you need more info go to the southwest racing association website @ swraracing.net. you can alway find us on myspace and facebook. hope to see everyone there for two great days of racing.

RahraH

Reaction
this weekend guys lets see some SxS show up. two great days of inexpensive racing at a great short track. hope everyone can make it out to race. Come on you UTV's guys i know you guys want to race so this is you chance. see ya all sat.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

Reaction
The pit gate opens @ 1:30 P.M. on Saturday with racing starting @ 5:30 P.M. The pit gate opens @ 10:00 A.M. on Sunday with racing starting @ 2:00 P.M. Pitpasses are $40 per Driver & $40 per pit member each day. It costs $8 to sit in the grandstands. We sure would like to see some sidexsides come out & race. There definitely will be Stadium Karts. There will be a full line up of stockcars racing on the 3/8s dirt oval. The featured class is IMCA Modifieds. These open wheel cars are really fast & really exciting. They throw them sideways into the corners & pull the left front wheel off of the ground like sprint cars. There will be 30 to 40 mods racing & around 50 other cars in other classes. Hope to see some of you @ the races. Ronnie G

Last edited: