T.T.'s at KING OF THE HAMMERS. (HUGE $$$$$$ for them too).

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Dave Cole, the big boss at King of the Hammers is legit. I go to like 40 off road events a year. Dave is easily the best race promoter we have going right now.

Now he's bringing TT'z into the crown jewel of his events.

July 31st, 2018 – (Johnson Valley, CA) –A new desert race is coming to the 2019 King of The Hammers (KOH) Week lineup. The Toyo Tires Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy will feature 30 elite off-road desert racers in an invitation-only, traditional open-desert, off-road truck race in Johnson Valley, CA. This marks the return of unlimited off-road racing to the sports birthplace: Southern California. It is also the first time that 4 wheel-drive will not be required of trucks to compete during KOH Week. The invited teams will vie for $125,000 prize purse making it the richest off-road race in the history of the sport. Drivers will qualify and race on the same day; Thursday, February 7th, 2019.

The winner of the Toyo Tires Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy will take home $100,000, 2nd place earns $15,000, and 3rd place $10,000. The driver with the fastest lap time of the day earns an additional $3,750. With increases in prize money to the Ultra4 class to match, the payout for KOH week will exceed $300,000.

The list of confirmed competitors includes but is not limited to:

• Rob MacCachren
  • Tavo Vildosola
  • Robby Gordon
  • Andy McMillin
  • Bryce Menzies
  • BJ Baldwin
  • Troy Herbst
  • Justin Lofton
  • Cameron Steele

There will be a Last Chance Qualifying opportunity for teams that did not receive an automatic invite. Details to be announced in the coming weeks.

“When some of the top names in desert racing said they’d like to come to California and take part in KOH Week, of course we wanted to find a way to not only include them but showcase their trucks and their talent.” Said King of the Hammers founder, Dave Cole, when asked about the new race. He continued by saying. “We’ve partnered with Toyo Tires and Monster Energy to create a race and purse unlike anything else in off-road currently or in the sports history. Our goal is to give both the drivers and fans an exciting new experience. We look forward to expanding the KOH model of engaged and accessible onsite spectator opportunities as well as world class LIVE race coverage.”

With the Desert Invitational taking place on Thursday, The Every Man Challenge featuring the 4800 Legends, 4500 Modified and 4600 Stock ULTRA4 classes will move to Wednesday, February 6th, 2019. The UTV race moves to Sunday, February 3rd.

Registration for KOH Week is expected to open in the fall and all news and updates are available at www.ultra4racing.com

I go to KOH every year. Its like Burning Man for Gear heads. Everyone should try an go at least once

az_amsoil

Reaction
Hands down, KOH is the best off-road spectator race in the USA...just got better :)

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
f*** yeah!!!! One of my favorite race weekends of the year just got even better!

J Prich

Reaction
Sounds rad. Will be interesting to see how this impacts crowd turnout. It's already a big event for spectators. Adding this piece should draw even more.

Samco Fab

Reaction
Very cool news, this will make an already huge and well organized event better!

I wonder why Jason Voss is not on the invite list?? He has won more TT races than half of the great drivers on the invite list!

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Dave Cole, the big boss at King of the Hammers is legit. I go to like 40 off road events a year. Dave is easily the best race promoter we have going right now.

Now he's bringing TT'z into the crown jewel of his events.

July 31st, 2018 – (Johnson Valley, CA) –A new desert race is coming to the 2019 King of The Hammers (KOH) Week lineup. The Toyo Tires Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy will feature 30 elite off-road desert racers in an invitation-only, traditional open-desert, off-road truck race in Johnson Valley, CA. This marks the return of unlimited off-road racing to the sports birthplace: Southern California. It is also the first time that 4 wheel-drive will not be required of trucks to compete during KOH Week. The invited teams will vie for $125,000 prize purse making it the richest off-road race in the history of the sport. Drivers will qualify and race on the same day; Thursday, February 7th, 2019.

The winner of the Toyo Tires Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy will take home $100,000, 2nd place earns $15,000, and 3rd place $10,000. The driver with the fastest lap time of the day earns an additional $3,750. With increases in prize money to the Ultra4 class to match, the payout for KOH week will exceed $300,000.

The list of confirmed competitors includes but is not limited to:
  • Rob MacCachren
  • Tavo Vildosola
  • Robby Gordon
  • Andy McMillin
  • Bryce Menzies
  • BJ Baldwin
  • Troy Herbst
  • Justin Lofton
  • Cameron Steele

There will be a Last Chance Qualifying opportunity for teams that did not receive an automatic invite. Details to be announced in the coming weeks.

“When some of the top names in desert racing said they’d like to come to California and take part in KOH Week, of course we wanted to find a way to not only include them but showcase their trucks and their talent.” Said King of the Hammers founder, Dave Cole, when asked about the new race. He continued by saying. “We’ve partnered with Toyo Tires and Monster Energy to create a race and purse unlike anything else in off-road currently or in the sports history. Our goal is to give both the drivers and fans an exciting new experience. We look forward to expanding the KOH model of engaged and accessible onsite spectator opportunities as well as world class LIVE race coverage.”

With the Desert Invitational taking place on Thursday, The Every Man Challenge featuring the 4800 Legends, 4500 Modified and 4600 Stock ULTRA4 classes will move to Wednesday, February 6th, 2019. The UTV race moves to Sunday, February 3rd.

Registration for KOH Week is expected to open in the fall and all news and updates are available at www.ultra4racing.com

I go to KOH every year. Its like Burning Man for Gear heads. Everyone should try an go at least once
Sourapas Motorsports will be there with at least one truck. Maybe the new AWD from Mason.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
One of the best events all year just got better. How will this shake things up for the Parker 425 which is usually the same weekend or one weekend away from KOH. And also the Mint a few weeks later.
Pays 5K to win Parker but a 100K to win KOH I'm not a math major but I know what race we are sending our fastest truck too.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
One of the best events all year just got better. How will this shake things up for the Parker 425 which is usually the same weekend or one weekend away from KOH. And also the Mint a few weeks later.
From what I've heard most of the TT drivers are over Parker because it's too unsafe with so many cars on the course at the same time. With the added $100K payday I'm betting Parker will be a little light on TTs.

AZ7000'

Reaction
Ripe for the right cherry picking. Who all has 2 trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

MAC56

Reaction
One race a year if the chosen ones run for the money and it hurts the multi race a year series by reducing the car count how is the multi race series going to make up for the economic impact ? Raise prices? Reduce services? If say a beer distributor offered free beer to the person who was the fastest drinker but you had to buy the beer in Nevada and all the fastest drinkers and many who just want to be near fast drinkers signed up, one fast drinker would get free beer the rest would get drunk trying, the beer distributor in Southern California would have to raise prices to make up for the sales shortfall and all the non chosen beer drinkers would have to pay more or the distributor would find new customers and not market to fast beer drinkers ( think utv drinkers)
I personally value loyalty over free anything.

down4glamis

Reaction
everything gets better when there is a huge payout. this is HUGE!!!

Steve Marolda

Reaction
WOW that money is amazing! Must mean there's going to be plenty of TV coverage. Can't wait to watch.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
One race a year if the chosen ones run for the money and it hurts the multi race a year series by reducing the car count how is the multi race series going to make up for the economic impact ? Raise prices? Reduce services? If say a beer distributor offered free beer to the person who was the fastest drinker but you had to buy the beer in Nevada and all the fastest drinkers and many who just want to be near fast drinkers signed up, one fast drinker would get free beer the rest would get drunk trying, the beer distributor in Southern California would have to raise prices to make up for the sales shortfall and all the non chosen beer drinkers would have to pay more or the distributor would find new customers and not market to fast beer drinkers ( think utv drinkers)
At least we know how the beer distributor feels about the race......

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
There just aren’t enough weekends. I tour heavily and it’s tough. I think I just did my 6th bid vending at KOH.
Dave’s events are always top notch and every year he one ups himself. It has been a pleasure to watch his series grow.

The top racers are gonna go where the money is. Everyone loves parker and I do too but it’s not a new course almost at all so people also complain about that. Dave has vision. He runs races over seas. He has the best spectating that exists. Jumbotrons on the sides of mountains so when there is no action at one obstacle you can see and hear what’s happening at other ones. KOH is something special. It’s the second largest land use permit in the US. This is gonna be amazing with TTs there.

But it certainly won’t help the TT race at parker. BITD will be fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk