• Forum membership has its advantages....

T.T.'s at KING OF THE HAMMERS. (HUGE $$$$$$ for them too).

mrlentle

Never said I thought either was going to win. But to say the field was watered down, is pretty damn funny. I also don't get the hate on the race. I'm a U4 guy that's beyond excited to have these trucks and fans out there. This race is setup to showcase the badest desert trucks on their own course. What's not to like? By the list of drivers, it's obvious it's what the drivers and sponsors also wanted. It's also going to show the desert fans how great an event can be. As for a fan experience goes. There's not a race out there on this level.
Yep - what he said. We last came over for the Mint in 2016 - our next holiday trip Stateside is KOH 2020. I'm excited already and it's still a year away.
I hope the TT addition to the event goes great this year and gets even better next year - from all I've read Dave puts on an amazing event!

Crusty Shellback

Rob Mac does. He's raced it a few times with Greg Adler and also in Crispy, the poison Spider jeep. He was the first person to finish with a jeep.

RedRide

Moron much?

So you think anything off the podium is bringing the suck?

How many people do you think deserve to race?

For me its quite simple...KOH was built on the backs of our racers. There wouldnt be a desert race here if it wasnt for them.

Im not excluding them from the party they helped build.
I am not disputing how the event came to be successful, just the fact that it was marketed as an “invitation only” race which I assumed would be the best drivers in the class. Thanks for clarifying...

Hurleygo3

Rob Mac does. He's raced it a few times with Greg Adler and also in Crispy, the poison Spider jeep. He was the first person to finish with a jeep.
He was most definitely not the first person to finish in jeep. But Crispy was a full bodied jeep and still impressive.

EL ROMAN

Rumors are he might bring the TT and a UTV or 2. TBD

Anybody know how many of the TT drivers have KOH experience?
I'm sure it helps if any drivers have KOH experience, but I'm guessing the TT course will be more like the desert races taken place out there. Might be more interesting to know how many of them are graduated 1450/1400 racers from the old MDR days.

nimrod

KOOK!
Pab has done it with the Lovell brothers and on a bike. He’s a huge fan of KOH and generally works the live broadcast every year so he’s got a little experience.

Most of the fastest guys in TT came from 1600 buggies but that might change as classes evolve and time goes by. 1600 is a pure drivers class because the cars are so equal. Rob Mac, Dan and Luke McMillin, Pab, Bean, and I’m sure more all came from 1600. I think Andy maybe started straight out in class 1 but I don’t know for sure.

There’s a reason a HUGE BOATLOAD of people go out to KOH. It’s off the hook. The TT’s are the main event to the people on Rdc but to everyone else out there the ultra 4 guys are the show, and what a show it is!
You won’t believe the stuff these guys fly up, over, and around.
Dave puts on a whale of a show. It’s absolutely awesome.

Stop worrying about what or who is better and just go out there and have a BLAST!

OFFRD-JNKIE

^^^^^ Preach!!!

Crusty Shellback

That's why some of us, my self included, who are newbies to KoH are staying till Saturday. We want to see the ultra 4 race on friday.
I've seen it on TV but I know it will be 10 times more RAD in person.

nimrod

KOOK!
That's why some of us, my self included, who are newbies to KoH are staying till Saturday. We want to see the ultra 4 race on friday.
I've seen it on TV but I know it will be 10 times more RAD in person.
Like most desert racing the action is best early in the race before the carnage spreads out the field.
Or, the early bird gets the worm!

Crusty Shellback

We will probably be watching it from out at the remote pit. Or somewhere out on course. ;)
We are camping about 20 miles out from hammer town.

Fourstroker

Dave - Does Ultra4 use a radio frequency that can be monitored. Couldn't find it anywhere

coolerking

Copy that Dave, Congratulations on this whole thing, we run a D37GP each year and it damn near kills us all haha!...I can't imagine what you deal with, and yet you still are here helping....we are counting the minutes until we head out.