Tacoma 4wd frt shocks

dunerking

Reaction
Curious if any of the tacoma owners out there have any info on the difference between the sway-a-way front shocks compare to the Fox front shocks or the Donahoe front shocks?Caught wind of brand new pair of Fox front shocks for $500,would this be a good deal?Or should I save for a pair of Sway-a-way's or Donahoe's?Thanks for any info.

hit it hard

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
for 500 bucks I would by them, they are all about them same except Donahoe has done more testing on his...Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
The Fox/Fabtech coilovers use bushings for their lower mounts while the SAW use Hiems. That is really the main differnce. If the set is in good condition then i would say go for it for $500.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

dunerking

Reaction
Thanks for the help,that also was the only difference that I could notice(hiems to the bushings).Having the bushings may be better for the daily driver anyways?Also they are take-a-parts, rebuildable?For the $500 is that a good deal,he said they have never been installed.Thanks again for the info,you guys seem to always have good info!

hit it hard

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
The older style bushings that Fabtech used would blow out with offroading, so if you do get the shocks make sure they have the new style. I beleive you can call Fabtech directly and they'll give you the new bushings free.

I'm not sure if the Fabtechs are rebuildable, i believe so, i know the SAW are. Other differences in the shocks are valved differently, and use different springs.

Either way whatever shock you get you'll get a good improvment over stock. Those little coilovers really make a differnce.

dunerking

Reaction
Jason,thanks for the info.Just going back and forth in my head whether to go to Kartek and spend the $650 on the Sway-a-way or go the route of the Fox/Fabtech new/used for the $500?Does anyone know how much Donahoe gets for his shocks?Was looking at the King's but for $850 that they are asking is a little to much for me to spend.Maybe if I was going to go racing,right?Thanks again.

hit it hard

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
The Donahoe shock is going to be priced comparable to the KING's. Camburg gives discounts to TTORA members (www.ttora.com), so if you aren't a member you may want to think about that.

If you can afford it I think getting the SAW over the Fabtech/Fox would be a good choice. Over at TTORA the general thought is that the SAW are better overall, and also SAW has a better customer service record with their coilover kit over Fabtech. As an example, my friend broke a coil with the Fabtech coilover. Fabtech didn't offer any help. Some friends with the SAW coilover had SAW replae the coil free of charge.

Something to remember is don't always go where you get the cheapest price, the majority of the time I think in this industry you get what you pay for.

dunerking

Reaction
Now that is the type of answers I was looking for.I would rather spend the extra $150 and go with the SAW.I live in the L.A. area and have dealt with the guys over at SAW a number of times, allows being satisfied.With all this said I believe now I'm going to stick with the SAW.The $850 shocks just seem a little to much for my blood.Thanks hava for the info!

hit it hard