tacoma 4wd?????

dunerking

Reaction
Just purchased a new 4wd Tacoma quad cab,nice truck,anyways being a off-roader at heart I just can't keep it stock,so looking for some info on some front shocks.Noticed that Kreg(donahoe)had a post for some new shocks that he has been working on for the tacoma,or what about the sway-a-way?How much will these shocks actually raise the front up?Also was thinking about running a set of the 16" Axis fake beadlock wheels,does anyone have a connection on these wheels.Any info will be helpful.

hit it hard

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
the SAW on a 4wd with only lift your truck 2" I believe and retail is 675.00...Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
With 4wd you'll be looking at getting about 2-2.5" of lift at the most with the replacement coilovers, the reason being anymore you'll start putting stress on the CV's.

SAW, KING, Fabtech/Fox, Downey/Bilstein and now Donahoe all make replacement coilovers for our trucks. Both the SAW and the KING coilovers are good shocks. The difference between the King and Saw is that the King is a 2.5" shock but for what the coilovers give you if you're fading a 2.0" up front its time for long travel. I don't know anything about the Donahoe shock so I can't say anything about it.

The best product for you money is the SAW coilover.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

Donahoe

Reaction
Our new tacoma Coil over shocks are 2.5". We have been really working on valving more then anything. Over a year of testing with differnt trucks. I'm really pleased with the results. We added a deaver spring to the back and supply them in our kits with 2 rear bilstien shocks. It really blows my mind how well the combination works in the desert with stock a-arms and no increase in wheel travel in the front. Those little tacomas are really tuff. If you have any more questions on our new Tacoma systems give us a call at the shop. 714-632-3033... I dont want to blab on here about our products...Race-dezert is my play time... Not work....

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Dillon

Reaction
I have a 4WD Tacoma with SAWs cranked to 3" and automatic hubs, works fine. You can drop your front diff like an inch to help the CVs and that helps a ton, but I never had a problem before I dropped mine.