Tacoma vs Ranger

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
"The French Guy" never did nor will own the company; he was just the CEO for a period of time. The majority of shares are still owned by the Ford Family (I believe) or some sort of family trust type arrangement. Futhermore, Bill Ford Jr. took over as CEO thus replacing the "French guy."

Finally, this whole rivalry thing is ridiculous. I think you all know how I feel about Ford, but buy what ever you want. Nobody is going to change anybody's opinion on the subject. Its fun to joke around a little bit but I think this has gone too far. In a time of huge multinational corporations (like Ford and Toyota) it is impossible to prove anyone car was built here more than there.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

schafer

Reaction
exactly, you bought what you wanted based on your comfort, not what everyone else says, you knew there may be problems and you accepted them, that is how I like to see people, happy with there purchases no matter what.

schafer

Reaction
Your right it is out of hand, I am not Vendor Specific by where its made, i was looking at a ranger before i bought my toyota, but the comfort of the toyota is what i wanted, i liked the interior, i am gonna say ive had some problems however they have been resolved every time, I had a F250 along time ago, it blew up, i can say i did like driving it but didnt like the gas milage or the size... therefor i stepped down into a truck im more comfortable with.

L8r

Dillon

Reaction
>>> I happen to belive in American products.<<<

Whats an American product?, educate me please.

>>>Why do you think that you do not have as many american choices as you once did?<<<

Thats a good thing, keeps prices down, fine with me, I don't care who gets the profit becasue along the line many an American is getting a job from it, no loss of sleep here.

>>>As for dependability I happen to belive in maintenence that will make just about any vehicle live a long life<<<

I wish my wife's old (a dinky 125k miles old at that) 97 Monte Carlo hadn't blown a head gasket, two water pumps, the sun roof and two stereos before 100k. No thanks.

>>>just childish in the way you make your point<<<

As was the way you stated your own initial point. "shame on you.... Buy American or learn to eat every thing with chop sticks...." yeah, dork is alot worse <shrug>.

>>>Seems I have opened up a sore subject.<<<

Not really, but I think its funny in 2003 people still won't believe that a global market is exactly that. Anything you buy, somebody in some random country most people can't pronounce is getting profit from it. Its a fact of life, like it or not.

michael_loomis

Reaction
but you got SMART and the FORD is for sale !!! LOL (that was for travis !)

drtdevil93

Reaction
anyone remember the 48 tucker? i swear this is relevant.

in 1948 a man named preston tucker designed and manufactured a car. it featured this: fuel injection, pop-out windshield, rear engince-rear wheel drive, got 20 mpg, was capable of (if i remember correct) 120 mph and 0-60 in 10 seconds (FAST for the time). the big 3 pooped a brick, and got the government to shut tucker down. this would have hurt them seriously, the technology in it, and the extra money they would have had to spend to catch up would have hurt the big 3 badly. unfortunately, they succeeded in shutting him down, however, it was a kick in the pants that got them to get moving and start innovating again. imagine if he had succeeded, and the big 3 did spend the money and caught up. that would have been a good 40 year jump in technology.

going to an outside source shows the "american" companies that they need to stay on the cutting edge or they will be left behind. the "japanese threat" probably has done more good for american products, and more importantly consumers, than any thing else.

erik