Tacoma wheel wells and upper coilover mounts?

sirhk100

A friend of mine can't post on here for some reason so I told him that I would post this for me. He's looking for pictures of where those of you with Tacoma trucks (mini's preferrably) relocated all the crap on your stock wheel wells when you cut them or mount glass. Also if anyone has pictures of their upper shock mounts for coilovers he'd really appreciate seeing those too.

Thanks,
Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

EQuin

Hi Khris,

I don't know about the 2wd mini Tacomas, but I've heard of what can be done with the Prerunner and 4wd model Tacomas. I've heard of a few moving the windshield washer fluid container from the driver's side, which is near the fenderwell area. They also hammer out the pinch-weld in the back of both front fenderwells. Hopefully other Tacoma owners will chime in with other stuff they've done. Your friend can also check Jordan's message board on delphiforums and the main Tacoma message board at www.forums.delphiforums.com/tacomaterritory/start .

Hope this helps. Take care,

Ed Q.

sirhk100

Thanks for the info, more would be greatly appreciated.

I just reread my first post and laughed at the typo at the end of the first line, makes me sound selfish!!!

havahockey

Flipper
I have some pictures at home of a Tacoma Mini with camburg long travel and fiberglass, I'll post them later tonight and see if that helps.

Also Ryan's girl friend has that same setup so I'm sure he'll chime in here (yes his girlfriend has a better truck)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

TRDshaunTRD

usually when the wells are removed, there is an engine cage built to hold the compenents. I have removed my stock washer fluid and have hammered my pinch welds. Also, I relocated my battery to the bed. I have also removed my cruise controll and relocated a vacume to the intake manifold that was inside the divers well. Everything else has remained where it is and will be bolted to an engine cage. Hope this helps!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

sirhk100

Jason,

What is that truck on your Avatar? A toyota?

Tanks for all the info guys, I'm sure my friend is appreciating it. I havn't talked to him but know he monitors the page and I told him that I'd post this.

He's got the Camburg long travel kit for the mini and will be installing it soon once he buys the coilovers. Outta curisity what are you guys running for coilovers? Not necessarily brand but what diameter shock, stroke length, coil rates, dual rate, etc? I know he'll REALLY appreciate that info too.

I've seen Ryan's girls truck, it's really nice. I wish I had a girl friend with dope truck so we could beat up hers instead of mine!!!!!

Khris

havahockey

Flipper
Thats my Tacoma, the picture is from DDAY. My truck had a 2.5" SAW coilover, 8" stroke with 600lb coil.

Here is one picture of that truck I was talking about. You can't see a whole lot, hope it helps.

sirhk100

Jason,

What's in the rear? That's what caught my eye, it looks like it's WAY drooped out...

Khris

motoxscott

He's got 62" Deaver leaf springs and 18" 2.5 SAW triple bypasses.

It cycles 20" from bump stop to limit strap.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Khris just wait till this weekend....my truck should look almost the same with 18" now :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

havahockey

Flipper
I believe mine has 600lb because my shocks is mounted in a different location then all the current arms. Mine was one of the first boxed arms and they now design it a little different.

fishd00d

What A Joke
My camera is broken....i'll get my friend to take some this weekend with his camera....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society