Tacoma wobble

AZmiik

My friend has 2000 tacoma 4x4 trd that has high speed wobble. Feels like a heavy trailer tossing it around. Anybody have any ideas of the cause or the cure thanks in advance.

Mike

JasonHutter

Check the alignment and if there is any play in the steering.

Jason

P.S. Look for a big heavy trailer behind it also!

mgobaja

Balance the Tires and set the alignment. If he's been playin in the mud, wash it out of the rims.

AZmiik

Ok i guess I left a few things out. New shocks front and rear been aligned twice and tires replaced all by dealer. Any more Ideas.

Mike

Mike_HKmtrsprts

I would give up and buy a Chevy, J/K. maybe a defective rack and pinion? does it do it under braking(warped rotor?)

AZmiik

It is a high spped thing. aourn 75 80 not sure about higher. He just told me he know some one who tooks thiers to skyjacker for 4 days and 1800 and that sovled it. Not sure what was done there.

Tim

I have a 2000 tacoma and I have never fealt the wobble since I got new tires. (bfg muds... now I have a new "mud terrain" wobble). Before it was only a slight shake in the steering wheel though. I know other tacoma guys have had this problem much worse and I have seen many post about it and what to do on the toyota tacoma delphi dicussion board.(didn't read those though cause I didn't have it) www.delphiforums.com and then search for tacoma territory. good luck, tim
p.s. or I guess he could just go here.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/tacomaterritory/messages

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Does it have some kind of after market shock and spring on the front? And if it does, is there a crapload of preload on the spring? Check it out.

rdc

Perhaps a bent rim or two? I know one of my rims is bent pretty good.
-Chris

2000 v6 4x4 TRD 5-Speed Tacoma

rdc

I would think that you would know a wheel was bent when trying to balance the tires. And if it was something like a bent wheel, wouldn't it shake a little at any speed. It is most likely a bushing or some other part that at a certain harmonic shakes violently. My Ranger has a bad shake from time to time. But that may have something to do with the fact that the piviot bushing for the right beam is all but gone. Keep in mind that the shake may not be in the front at all.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>