Taking a vehicle into Mexico

Zac Reish

Reaction
I know its been asked a zillion times so I'm sorry. But what will be needed in order to get a pre runner vehicle into mexico and get back out?

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
Just the registration

Zac Reish

Reaction
The chassis no longer has the vin. I have the registration. But there would be no for them to know that it's the car.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
The chassis no longer has the vin. I have the registration. But there would be no for them to know that it's the car.

If you have registration that says its a 1968 VW, and your car resembles a VW you're ok. They will look for about 30 seconds for a vin, and give up. That registration paper is more important to them.

I'm going to the Barstow DMV today to get a green sticker on my TL, so I can have a paper registration.

43mod

Reaction
at least find some stainless and stamp the vin on it. beat it up a bit, a little overspray perhaps and rivet it somewhere around the door or dash. this should be legal as long as you are not trying to change the number.
May not help in the states but wont hurt for Mexico.
We use a label maker and put extra vin numbers on quad and utv frames . they seem to be happy w that most of the time.