• Forum membership has its advantages....

Talon R or XX ?

sand shark

Is that someone on here? I dont know most personally. 43mod?
Not sure if they are this site. That is Glen Plake and I believe he is part of a Trophy Truck Spec team. They were pre-running in Wildcat XXs and had some issues. Apparently the owner of the team has enough FU money to get a new SXS.

Nessy

Not sure if they are this site. That is Glen Plake and I believe he is part of a Trophy Truck Spec team. They were pre-running in Wildcat XXs and had some issues. Apparently the owner of the team has enough FU money to get a new SXS.
Thanks!

Total Loss

Gimme that Turbo S for a day...I'll break it !

NIKAL

The Turbo S is a pretty solid SXS. The 4 seater rides really nice with the dynamic live suspension.
Minus the fact that it’s a Polaris and comes with a guaranteed “Stop Ride Recall” and possibly burn to the ground. But other then that, pretty solid!

In the two model years the Turbo S has been out they have had at least 3 Stop Ride, Stop Sell Recalls. Within a month of releasing the Turbo S they Recalled due to failing roll cages, (You know the cage they hyped up as 20% stronger) then another recall for failing brakes, then another recall for clutch ducting restrictions that had caused fires. And this is just on the Turbo S. A friend just bought a standard RZR Turbo and got his first recall notice before he took it out. Something is wrong with the inside clutch covers coming loose & off. He needs to take it in for inspection and possible new covers.

For how long and for as many models Polaris makes, they have yet to get it right when it comes to not having to recall their products.

Last edited:

sand shark

Minus the fact that it’s a Polaris and comes with a guaranteed “Stop Ride Recall” and possibly burn to the ground. But other then that, pretty solid!

In the two model years the Turbo S has been out they have had at least 3 Stop Ride, Stop Sell Recalls. Within a month of releasing the Turbo S they Recalled due to failing roll cages, (You know the cage they hyped up as 20% stronger) then another recall for failing brakes, then another recall for clutch ducting restrictions that had caused fires. And this is just on the Turbo S. A friend just bought a standard RZR Turbo and got his first recall notice before he took it out. Something is wrong with the inside clutch covers coming loose & off. He needs to take it in for inspection and possible new covers.

For how long and for as many models Polaris makes, they have yet to get it right when it comes to not having to recall their products.
I have 2 friends with a 4 seat Turbo S. They got them a year ago. They had one recall for a something with the front brakes and that is it. No other stop ride recalls. Took the dealer all of 10 minutes to install the part. I have not seen any Turbo S go up in flames and shockingly over Camp RZR weekend not one burnt to the ground. In fact I do not believe there has been any fires this season in Glamis.

Polaris produces a lot of unit, more so than any other brand. They are like an automotive manucature at this point. The "Stop Ride Recalls" are issue to cover their ass if some choices to ignore it. Plus Polaris does not want to get fined again like they did after the very first "Stop Ride Recall".

I had one recall when I owned my 2014 XP1000 and that was for the heat shield stuff. Saw my old RZR over Vets weekend. Sold it with 5500 miles and it is still going strong with over 6700 miles.

I can tell you Can Am is not much better with quality control. My front diff exploded after the ring gear bolts backed out.

adamysr

Polaris / can am belong in a different thread lol. I did check out a talon R and new krx in person yesterday. The krx was beefy and looked good but man it’s big, don’t think that’s the one for me. The talon was pretty nice and had more room in the cab then I thought (not as much as the XX tho), and the pedal positioning of the brake pedal was good for 2 foot driving. One thing I didn’t like was the didn’t gauges in the center of the dash.

sand shark

Polaris / can am belong in a different thread lol. I did check out a talon R and new krx in person yesterday. The krx was beefy and looked good but man it’s big, don’t think that’s the one for me. The talon was pretty nice and had more room in the cab then I thought (not as much as the XX tho), and the pedal positioning of the brake pedal was good for 2 foot driving. One thing I didn’t like was the didn’t gauges in the center of the dash.
Talon is a nice SXS. I like the KRX because the wheelbase and oversize should result in a nice ride in the desert.

Nessy

Talon is a nice SXS. I like the KRX because the wheelbase and oversize should result in a nice ride in the desert.
Buy all accounts it rides much nicer than the Talon and I believe the size is better for big desert rough stuff also.

43mod

43mod - Russ/Ben Phillips. Nor cal washed up wanna be racer guy. Xx pedal position great but steering wheel like almost everything built now is way too far away. I run in to young guys that are shocked what it feels like to actually have a wheel in a performance drivers position. They have never seen it before. At least a couple more days in baja maybe a week ! 3km south of puerticitos if any is down here.

Total Loss

43mod - Russ/Ben Phillips. Nor cal washed up wanna be racer guy. Xx pedal position great but steering wheel like almost everything built now is way too far away. I run in to young guys that are shocked what it feels like to actually have a wheel in a performance drivers position. They have never seen it before. At least a couple more days in baja maybe a week ! 3km south of puerticitos if any is down here.
Did you get through Matomi?
Did it at 1 am once- nobody around...the walls have eyes...

adamysr

Maybe I’ll look at the krx1000 more over the next month. Has anyone actually driven a talon and used the paddle shifters? That seems like it would elevate the driving experience a lot but nobody has really commented on that. So far still leaning toward the XX. Great thread so far and I appreciate all the comments.