Tavo on Toyo?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Saw this thing go by the RDC Media trailer this morning, then got these. All blue truck with Toyos? Who has the scoop?
IMG_9993.JPG
IMG_9995.JPG

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Looks like the red bull body from IV250. Minus the stickers. Maybe trying to channel the good luck.

Toyos. They had a few flats according to their 1000 wrap up video. I wonder if they are lighter than bfgs. I see they are 39s. If they are lighter. Are they going to tr6g the 42s?

az_amsoil

Reaction
Red Bull funds Tavo's non-SCORE racing...Red Bull and Toyo might have had a deal for this BITD race.

green787

Reaction
I saw a deal on the news where there was great upheaval in the company and they changed CEO's..... How does that affect this????

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
In the weigh issue, don't think so, we switched from BFG KTR 37x13R17
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1449358452.570658.jpg
to Toyos for this race and they are heavier maybe 10-15 pounds

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
First race on Toyos and he wins, that must be good for sponsorship and publicity.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

AZracefan

Reaction
Red Bull funds Tavo's non-SCORE racing...Red Bull and Toyo might have had a deal for this BITD race.
If Red Bull and Toyo Tires did work out a deal for Henderson I'm shocked there was no stickers on Tavos truck. The only support I saw other than there driver gear, was a somewhat small sticker of Method Wheels on the rear panels, other than that it was just the race #21. Toyo drivers: BJ, RG, You theroy sure show they are represented by Toyo. With that said, I remember when Tavo raced Parker and a couple more BITD races one season and he mentioned Red Bull was not sponsoring him for the race, but something with only having there colors on his helmet? Thats when his truck was all red. Anyhow looks like the fit works, hopefully we see Tavo race alot more next season.

Slippery P

Reaction
Have you picked one up?
Toyo's are way heavier, I switched to Toyo's a couple years ago and could not believe how much heavier they were than my BFGs. That said they are TOUGH, and for what I do they hook up better than the BFGs I was running.

biffgnar

Reaction
Have you picked one up?
Toyo's are way heavier, I switched to Toyo's a couple years ago and could not believe how much heavier they were than my BFGs. That said they are TOUGH, and for what I do they hook up better than the BFGs I was running.
Agreed. Recently looked at Toyos instead of the MTRs I have now on my DD TJ and at 35x12.5x17 they were almost 20 lbs. heavier per tire. I think would be great tires, I just worry that my TJ is not going to like that additional weight.

Slippery P

Reaction
They are a great tire, you will definitely notice the weight difference especially trying to spin them in the sand, once I re geared to 4.88s it was a non issue. Where I noticed a huge difference is that they hook up way better in the loose shale, I can run more tire pressure in the rocks and they bite really well, where as my BFGs I would have air way down.
They will wear fairly quick on a D.D. Not as quick as MTRs though.

Last edited:

mgobaja

Reaction
Both TOYO and BFG websites should have tire weights with the tire specs. What size specifically were run and i can look. TOYO shows a 38" and a 40", need the wheel size and width as well to be accurate

mgobaja

Reaction
Toyo shows a 40x13.5x17 weighing 106lbs / 38x13.5x18 weighing 97lbs

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Tavo didn't run any Toyo stickers but here we are talking about it. And he won his first race on them, too. People are talking about it for sure, without decals!

T Pacheco

Reaction
Both TOYO and BFG websites should have tire weights with the tire specs. What size specifically were run and i can look. TOYO shows a 38" and a 40", need the wheel size and width as well to be accurate
You can see in the picture they are 39x13.50R17 FOR RACING PURPOSES ONLY.

Is this course a good proving ground for tires anyway? The motorcycle/quad loop does not have anything that would cause flats for the 4wheel vehicles.