TAVOGATE is BACK! Putting the PRO in PROtest...

Petepecas

RDC Crypto
You see, your problem is your underlying tone is of racism, it would not matter on this forum if was Robby or Pete or anyone else for that matter, just stop, be respectful of your fellow racers and move on! This is why politicians hire PR firms, they are hired to spin BS into something that does not stink quite as bad, But its still BS. Do you think PPI, Roger Norman or any other top Legendary motorsports team would pull that move? It's time to act like the professional team that you are. You may fire your fan base in Mexico but your fellow desert racers Know better, but than again firing up the base worked for Obama!

Your problem is a reading and comprehension disability.
1. You don't get to tell me to stop, this is a public forum.
2.It's YOU who wants to make it racial and political...Obama? WTF?
3. You still have not said why prior to the video scandal, nobody except 5 people on the forum congratulated TT #21, eventhough a thread was open for it.
I'm interested in your expert explanation.
4. Your diatribe about PR is failed cause I have stated my dissaproval on how damage control was handled by Vildósola.

So, quit twisting my words and read twice before opening your pie hole.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
3. You still have not said why prior to the video scandal, nobody except 5 people on the forum congratulated TT #21, eventhough a thread was open for it.
I recall you complaining about the lack of congrats headed Tavos way in the thread you started so I decided today to go back and find it. http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/88256-21-the-best

and since you just said...
I'm interested in your expert explanation.
i feel like i should step in and explain this to you because I have read more of this forum than most and if there are experts on the sociology and the politics of the RDC forums, then I am surely one of them.

Im guessing for dramatic effect you claim that "nobody except 5 people on the forum congratulated TT #21" because your number 5 is very very wrong. You say five but including your OP there is at least 35. That's 7 times as many compliments as you are claiming.

NOW to further explain why your thread had only as much traction as it did, lets look at the timeline of what was happening back then.

In the early afternoon of the 19th you started your thread. It had as much momentum as threads like that usually do. Hooray for so and so threads rarely get more than three or four pages long. IF Tavo was a regular on here who actually posted, then there would likely have been more traffic. Also, i dont think that any official results were posted yet. Just Unofficial ones. (i might be wrong there but I dont think so).

Now, we all know that technology and youtube has come into play and results tend to change. SCORE is not famous for having official results at the ready very quickly. So, possibly your thread was a bit premature considering ALL the facts werent in yet?

And then less than 48 hours into your thread getting started the "Vildosola caught cheating???" thread surfaced...http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/108275-Vildosola-caught-cheating?highlight=joeyd23

That thread basically ended yours in less than an hour. (check the times)

So in summary, your thread was a pre-mature, incorrect, and soon, decapitated...

I will thank you in advance for admitting that I, to use your own words, handed you your azz on a cactus plate. In the future please be more honest, and especially intellectually honest when commenting on the forum. We aren't dumb. We arent blind to your hints of racism and tone that nobody congratulated Tavo because he is Mexican. You really need to let this go.

Below you will find all the positive responses your thread praising Tavo did generate during its short life. (Please, again, note that you said there was only five)

They were the best yesterday and today..... Congrats.

A long time coming and well deserved!

Spoke to a friend on their team and he said that they had some pretty scary moments with the truck.

Great job guys and congratulations!

I remember 30 years ago, Gus telling me, "I will win the 1000 overall someday, and I wont quit till I do." Long time coming my friend, you surely earned it!

Great job team Mexico!!!

way to go Tavo and the #21 Red Bull team!!

Congratulation to Team Vildosola. You had a good year and the Baja 1000 win just tops things off. I'm truly happy for you since I see the Team as an extension of our Class11 Team. Viva Mexicali!

Congrats!!! Truck looked great!!

Congrats on a great win.

Did senior drive too?

I also herd RODRIGO AMPUDIA was a driver as well.

Big ups to them for being the fastest guys out there.

good job FIRST MEXICAN TO WIN THE 1000 in a TT this is history

Gus SR drove around 300 miles in the middle, Rodrigo was a back up driver just in case.
Viva Mexico Cabrones !!

Quite an impressive run for Vildosola. Congrats. Viva Mexico.

Congratulations, Tavito!!!

If you are reading this thread it is because you have respect for a great group of racers and share in their accomplishment.

To chase a dream for 40+ years and finally see it come true is awesome. Congrats to Gus and Tavo. All of your hard work and determination has paid off!

You are a class act and represent Mexico in the highest manner possible.

It was great to see you guys come by RM 331 hauling the mail. its well passed due. congrats guys and good luck in the future.

Congrats for a flawless run. I have to ask, what exactly is the origin of the Vildosola family, because they appear to be the most American sounding and looking Mexican Nationals ever! No disrespect meant, just curious

Hats off to Tavo and Gus Sr, what a race you guys had! Also props to the whole Vildosola team. This is a team effort and you guys were the class of the field. I'm very happy that you guys are the first Mexican Nationals to win a Baja 1000 overall. What a great day for the people of Mexico!

Congratulations on a OUTSTANDING win.

Saludos to a class act, Gus Sr., family and team! Representing Mexicali, Mexico, and Off Road Racing!

[video=youtube;zC7Nan4uy9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC7Nan4uy9A&feature=youtu.be&a[/video] (Puro Offroad).

Translated article from "La Chronica"

I could not have said it better!

Congrats to the team and family!

Dude.. you are a class act.. even if you don't win you are still respectful... hats off to you brotha!...... Congrats to Tavo and Gus Sr!!!!

i want to congratulate the vildosolas and i want to thank omar dipp and the entire vildosola crew at about RM 148 for sticking around to fuel us and try to patch us up the best they could when they could have gone home. thanks very much for that . i'm stoked for you guys.

History was made this baja 1000. Congrats to Gus and Tavo and the whorl Vildosola family. Great job!!!!!
Keep un the good hard work.

Congrats to the whole Vildosola Family! Class acts.

Congratulation to Team Vildosola. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the team this past Labor Day at a race in Crandon Wisconsin. They came to help Dave Clark:) Nice people!

I've known your dad for quite some time, since 1994 I think. I watched him cut his teeth in 5-1600 and as he worked his way up to TT. I am happy for all of you... enjoy it Tavo and tell your dad congratulations from me please!

MyBajaPhoto.com had the privilege to cover the Baja 1000 as Vidosola Racing's official photographers. I second all the good things that have been mentioned about the Vildosola family and the Vildosola Racing Team. They have raised the level of off-road racing. Below are a few samples. Full gallery and story will be available shortly

001_ASC0452.jpg

001_ASC0453.jpg

001_ASC0495.jpg

001_ASC0497.jpg

001_ASC0562.jpg

001_ASC0584.jpg

001_ASC0610.jpg

001_ASC0618.jpg

003_ASC1080.jpg

MBP: Alex, Gus and Bob

An amazing run for Team Vildosola for sure. Congratulations on what was truly an earned victory...nobody just handed it to you, that is for sure!

Awesome! Congratulations on a wonderful victory.

that was a crazy win ,.. awesome job !

Matt S (Shrek) was talking about the Red Bull victory party a week before the race... Great job!! now go have that party..

Muchas Felicidades!!!! No pude ir pero te estaba siguiendo desde la compu todo el Jueves y el Viernes. En hora buena, primera victoria en Baja 1000 a un equipo Mexicano y en año del bicentenario.

Viva México Cabrones!!!!!!

Que chingon !!!!!!!!

Felicidades !!!!!!!

This is there original Geiser truck right?

If so, they sure have gotten their investment back!!!

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Dan 200.
I stand corrected and with my azz in a cactus plate.
My sincere apologies.
Flame on.
Im not interest in a flame war. BUt i wasnt gonna let you perpetuate a fact that was blatantly false and easily checked...

I am curious though, it seems you have some love for Tavo regarding his BAJA run, and thats honorable. He (and whoever else drove) were fast that day. Infact they were the fastest. But hey went outside the rules and they dont get to keep the trophy because of it.

Then the lies and crappy PR they launched after the race was just insulting. You admit you dont like it either.

So, i gotta ask, respectfully. Why do you seem to be cheering for tavo still. You sorta are arent you?

Is it because hes Mexican? or some other reason?

I really am curious. WHats the deal?

Petepecas

RDC Crypto
Im not interest in a flame war. BUt i wasnt gonna let you perpetuate a fact that was blatantly false and easily checked...

I am curious though, it seems you have some love for Tavo regarding his BAJA run, and thats honorable. He (and whoever else drove) were fast that day. Infact they were the fastest. But hey went outside the rules and they dont get to keep the trophy because of it.

Then the lies and crappy PR they launched after the race was just insulting. You admit you dont like it either.

So, i gotta ask, respectfully. Why do you seem to be cheering for tavo still. You sorta are arent you?

Is it because hes Mexican? or some other reason?

I really am curious. WHats the deal?

Dan,
Of course I will cheer for him, he is twice my paisano, Mexican and from Mexicali.
BUT, as you can and have read my previous posts, I do not agree at all on how his response to the whole issue was handled, and I have lost respect for them....itll be hard to earn it back.

Now, It really bothers me that people will read racism instead of nationalism, the first term is really ugly and deserves caution when used for all that it represents. The second is a virtue that all should have.
On the matter of me still cheering for him...
Please check your inbox.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
After some PMs, it seems that Pete has been unable to see those "congrats Tavo" posts. This may be due to the server crash that happened back then. Anyway, it would make sense that his sentiments that us evil whiteys were tavo haters before it was cool, were because he missed the congrats many forum members gave the 21 team...

An information deficit outside of his control pointed him in the wrong direction it seems. I can accept that.

But Petey, ya gotta be careful and over explain the Nationalism vs racisim thing when you go there. They are pretty easy to misunderstand or criss cross. For myself, when its the Olympics i will be "HOORAY for the USA" and show my nationalism, BUT, when its a race, i want the fastest guy, who races within the rules of course, to win. Regardless of where they are from. (Unless they are from France. Screw them)

manicmechanic

RDC Crypto
I think Vildisola had one heck of a hammer down run. Hire a spokeswomen.
P/S BJ Baldwin was my pick for the win.

Last edited:

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
RDC Crypto
C'mon now mods...

Do we really have to look at pictures of Dan's wang???

:D

TRUKTOR

RDC Crypto
Uh, Dan, I think your trusty Wang might have had a time-warp problem.
That congratulatory Thread and all of those posts are from 2010, when Tavo and his dad won their first Baja 1000.
While it does show an abundance of support from the RDC community, it does not fit with the number of posts for this
Year's event, and the " caught Cheating ???" sequence of events.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Uh, Dan, I think your trusty Wang might have had a time-warp problem.
That congratulatory Thread and all of those posts are from 2010, when Tavo and his dad won their first Baja 1000.
While it does show an abundance of support from the RDC community, it does not fit with the number of posts for this
Year's event, and the " caught Cheating ???" sequence of events.
Holy crap...

^^^It keeps getting funnier
Yea, UMM,

Pete, did you start the thread giving props to Tavo or did someone else? I thought i read someplace you said you did. and that one came up on your list of started threads.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
RDC Crypto
his first post on RDC and it's to challenge the ObiDan 200???

ballsy. LOL