• Forum membership has its advantages....

John F2000

First Lap Short edit Video:
Complete First Lap Video:

My son and I went to race the TDRA (Texas Desert Racing Association) Lonestar 200 in Notrees Texas this year. Wanted to thank Trey for making us feel very welcome and putting on a great event.

The off road community couldn’t have been any better described than how our trip started. The moment we left San Diego for Texas, we pulled over on the side of the road to check our straps, and as soon as we did Robbie from Mastercraft, pulls off the freeway and asks if we need any help. Before leaving San Diego, we had forgot a GPS part and ran out of time to get it delivered, however just after we pulled back on to the fwy, I see the PCI truck on its way to Glamis. So I called PCI, asked who was driving the rig, they patched me thru to Jimmy while driving along side him, he agreed to stop at the next exit and get us our parts. Following our amazing luck and the great service of PCI, we needed another part for our sat system and contacted Mike at MJ sales and he offered to drive an hour from his house near Tucson and meet us on the side of the fwy as we were passing by on our way to Texas. Following which our crew chief Chris Reeder fly's out with his son Colton, from Knoxville, to support us the following day. Definitely feeling the support and very appreciative.

We then arrive on race day in Notrees Texas to be welcomed by Trey, one of the people who runs TDRA and the entire TDRA racing family. This racing venue defines the origins of off-road racing with family and friends gathering for an event with very little fan fair, just for the true fun of racing. Although we weren’t able to finish the race due to a rear axle nut and seal failure, we got enough driving in to have a great time. We will be back to Texas for sure. If you haven't raced Texas yet, you need to add it to your list, the terrain is fun and the people are even better.

Also, needed to mention a belated thank you to James Lin, who was able to fix our electrical gremlins and got our truck working perfectly. Basically he removed the new harness we just had finished by the previous wiring guy, who I will leave nameless, and replaced the harness the right way with Motec. Thank you James!

Thanks Jimmy, PCI (road side service)
IMG_8764.JPG

Thanks to Mike MJ sales (late night delivery)
IMG_8769.JPG

Thank you James LIn
IMG_8650.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

Last edited:

steve0we

Glad you made the trip!!! Thanks for posting the video and visiting TEXAS.... the "other-other off-road state!"

I can guess why this place is called NoTrees! :) Is this by Odessa? Is this all private land, owned by a desert racer or friend of desert racer. And, as all private land, no law enforcement, land use managers, Fish & Game, Tortoise counters, or other government agency representatives required? Thanks for sharing video.

John F2000

I can guess why this place is called NoTrees! :) Is this by Odessa? Is this all private land, owned by a desert racer or friend of desert racer. And, as all private land, no law enforcement, land use managers, Fish & Game, Tortoise counters, or other government agency representatives required? Thanks for sharing video.
course was great, it was like a 40 mile go-kart track for off roading, lot of turns and lot of fun.

JPBart

Awesome! Nice to know I won't have to drive all the way to CA/NV/AZ/BAJA for a race fix when I get to Texas!

FYI Texas has very little federally controlled land compared to the western states. CA is 45%. NV is 85% and TX is less than 2%.

Dezertpilot

Chris Tobin

Texana Ranch is an awesome place!!!! I'd like to come again and hope to race my truck there one day!!!